05 | 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚

ghost of you 05 | second chance

ghost of you
05 | second chance

calum pov

it's been exactly 2 weeks since we lost you, since the world lost it's brightest angel

i went to the hospital for the first time since you died today. i don't know how i got there. one minute i was buying groceries and the next i was at the hospital talking to elliot as he passed me a letter you wrote. it was as if i wasn't in control of my own body, like something was pushing me to go to the hospital.

the moment i stepped foot into the hospital i was greated by looks of sympathy and pity. there were people coming from left and right showering me with hugs.

there were people telling me how much you impacted their lives, how you saved them.

there was this girl who came up to me, she was maybe 6, maybe 7, she had the brightest blue eyes i've ever seen it was like the perfect spring sky.

she started telling me how you use to sit with her and play princess and tea parties while she had chemotherapy. she told me how you use to hold her hand as she laid on the hospital bed getting needle after needle poked into her. she told me how you gave her the courage to go for a surgery that saved her life, she told me how you didn't leave her side until the nurses wheeled her into the OR. she then went on about how she felt when her dad broke the news to her. the thing that hit the hardest was when she said that she saw you as a mother figure.

there was another person, a guy, in his 70s. he came up to me and started telling me all the wonderful things you did for him. he told me how his family never visited him, how when he first arrived to the hospital he was all alone, well that was until he met you. he said that you use to bring him to the park whenever he missed home, and you would then bring him to his favourite diner that he use to visit with his late wife. he then started talking about how you convinced him to have a surgery that saved his life and shrunk his tumor.

in that moment, i wasn't sad, for the first time since you died i was happy. i was so proud of you and how much you helped others despite all that you were going through.

when i went home today, i laid on the bed in the guest bedroom, thinking of what i'd do if i had a second chance with you.

if i had a second chance, i'd do the things i wish i had, i'd say the things i never got a chance to.

if i had a second chance, i'd hold you close and hug you tight, never letting go.

if i had a second chance, i'd let you know how proud i was of you for everything you've done.

if i had a second chance, i'd thank you for the thousands of things you've done to make a difference in my life.

if i had a second chance, i'd let you know how much it meant to wake up next to you every day.

if i had a second chance, i'd tell you how brave you are for going through everything you did.

if i had a second chance, i'd let you know how much i love you and beg you not to go.

if i had a second chance, i'd make you mine forever.

authors notethis is kind off a happy ! yay ! it's more of calum just thinking about her, not in like a sad way more of a he is slowly starting to except it way !

authors note
this is kind off a happy ! yay ! it's more of calum just thinking about her, not in like a sad way more of a he is slowly starting to except it way !

hi hope you guys liked it because i know i didn't !