09 | 𝙜𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪

ghost of you09 | ghost of you

ghost of you
09 | ghost of you

calum pov

' here i am waking up

still can't sleep on your side '

what if she doesn't wake up? what if she's gone forever? what if she dies? no i can't think like that. i have to be positive that's what she would want, i need to be positive for her. for them.

' there's your coffee cup

the lipstick stain fades with time '

a picture of a beach was sprawled on each wall, each depicting beautiful scenery : rolling waves on idyllic sand. across from me was a dark stained cherry coffee table holding health magazines. underneath it was a dull grey carpet that covered the whole room. a television hung in one corner displaying boring commercials. the clacking of the keys coming from the receptionist and the constant boring commercials from the TV was driving me insane. i wanted to know what was going on with her, with them, and i wanted to know now.

as i stared at the blank white wall in front of me and tried to think of anything other than this, i felt the tension and anxiety build up in me. before the panic could eat me alive, i managed to catch up on subtle breathing exercises that she taught me. just as i regained my breath, i could hear the familiar continual tap of a shoe against the floor causing my pulse rate to shoot up once again, upon realising who it was. while i desperately tried to regain my normal state, i could see the receptionist peering at me and tapping her clipboard simultaneously.

the moment i caught of elliot i knew something was wrong.

i stood up almost too quick, sending a sharp searing pain along my ankle as i painfully jerked my knee on the glass table in front of me while getting up.

' If i can dream long enough

you'd tell me I'd be just fine '

" mr hood "

' i'll be just fine '

there was something in those two words, a pain behind it.

' so i drown it out like i always do '

" i'm sorry calum "

' dancing through our house

with the ghost of you '