chapter 30

sidney's pov:

After finding out Kris had disappeared, I completely lost it as well as with my coach and my guys on the team.

I didn't know how to react when he left.

I knew Aubrey had something to do with this cause I knew Kris and her would text and meet up.

No wonder, they were spotted outside and then few hours later, an article comes up.

"How do you know I had something to do this all?" Aubrey asked, crossing her arms and a hand with her phone.

I chuckled, "It was obvious."

She smiled, placing her phone on her back pocket and looked away, her eyes peeking through Kris' belongings. As well as looking around, I saw an box and slowly opened it, looking through his stuff if anything was interested with why he had disappeared.

I then closed the box and rubbed my hands if they had dust on it.

As I was looking around again, I heard a ding and ignored it as I knew it was Aubrey's.

She gasped and I looked back to her, covering her mouth with her phone on her hand showing me what was happening.

I frowned, stepping closer to her and snatched the phone, scrolling down the pages.

"Sid?" I widened my eyes and exhale sharply.

•••

enews is kris letang cheating on aubrey alexander with this mystery woman? or just partying around like usual

enews is kris letang cheating on aubrey alexander with this mystery woman? or just partying around like usual. let us know!

view 3,993,592 comments

•••

aubrey's pov:

I frowned as I read the article and noticed 'partying around'.

What did they mean?

"What did they mean 'partying around like usual'?" I asked, crossing my arms once again as I glanced at Sidney spotting his hand on his eyes, covering it.

He didn't answer. "Sidn-"

"He does this." Interrupted me and I frowned, not getting what he was saying.

"He's a player. He party's around and hooks up with bunch of women and drop them like they're objects," I widened my eyes and he paused, gulping. "...that's why he didn't want you to get closer to him."

My visions started to get blurry as I avoided eye contact. A tear dropped and I quickly wiped it off with my sleeve.

"I need to go." I mumbled and had an urge to run off but a hand grabbed my arm and I froze.

"Please don't do this, Sidney." Avoiding eye contact, more tears urgently wanted to drop. I didn't let them but I failed.

"Just please remember he cares for you." I shake my head and he sighs, letting go of my arm.

I ran away until I got to my Jeep.

I started the car but stopped what I was doing as I saw Sidney standing outside.

Don't do this.

I whimpered, glimpsing behind and ran in my car.

I sobbed onto the wheel, banging my head hard. Luckily nobody had seen me because I parked my car in the parking lot.

"It's ok, Aubrey." I said to myself, wiping the tears off with the sleeve and tightened my grip on the wheel.

It's not ok...

I need to call someone.

•••

As I was going to my room, I heard someone called my name.

I closed my eyes, clutching my hands into a fist but unclutched it as I opened my eyes.

"Aubrey?" Dad said, placing his hand gently on my shoulder and I turned around, revealing my eyes, red and tired. "What happened?"

I sniffled, "I fell in love with him."

"Who?" He asked and I stepped closer, hugging him tightly.

I then sobbed onto his shoulder and he gently caressed my head.

Say it, Aubrey. Say it.

"Kris." I finally let out.

I sobbed more just thinking about what happened earlier and I tightened the hug.

"Oh, Aubriella. It's ok. Don't worry." He said with thick of his Italian accent and I sniffled, loosening my eyes.

It's not ok.

I gently pulled back and I heard footsteps and quickly looked away, not needing the person to see me.

Oh god.

"Aubrey?" The person sounded familiar and I needed to look who it was so I slowly turned my head a bit.

It was Aiden.

"What happened to you?" He told, scrunching up his nose and I finally stared at him. He widened his eyes and exhale quietly.

"Aubrey. Who did this to you?" I looked at Dad and motioned my head to ask him for help.

"Aiden, that's enough," I kindly smiled, nervously scratching my cheekbone. "Just leave her alone."

"Did Kris do this to you?" I widened my eyes and looked at him.

How did he know? Did he follow me?

I nodded, gulping and he gasped as he tightened his jaw.

"Oh, I'm gonna kill him." I shook my head.

"No, Aiden. Don't."

"Why are you defending-" I interrupted him as he was about to ask.

"Because I'm in love with him!" Snapped back without thinking at first and he widened his eyes.

I gasped, covering my mouth and ran upstairs to my room.

"Aubriella!" Dad yelled and I ignored him, sobbing onto my mouth.

I slammed the door and dropped to my knees, sobbing harder than it was before.

Why does it suck so much?

•••