Epilogue

"Choi Hyeon, don't go, please," Taehyung shook her gently, holding her close to himself as the blood continued flowing out of her naked body.

He couldn't waste any more time and looked around in search of something he could use to cover her exposed body but there was nothing around. No towel. No clothes. No nothing.

Taehyung took off his coat and shirt that was now covered in blood and put both around her. Lifting her in his arms, he ran out of the room. Panicked and trembling in fear, he carried her out of the hotel. Everyone he passed by stared at them with shock and sympathy.

As soon as he stepped out of the hotel, a cab stopped in front of him and he placed Hyeon in the back seat without wasting a second and got in from the other side. He then lifted Hyeon's head and set it on his lap so she wouldn't be uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, sir, but this cab is booked by someone else," the driver said.

"Do you think that person is more important than this girl's life?" Taehyung yelled at him making the driver flinch and cancel his booking while starting the car.

"Sir, um, what happened to the girl?" The driver asked, getting the car out of the hotel premises.

"Someone attacked her and I couldn't reach before she was already hurt like this," Taehyung whispered, holding Hyeon tighter against himself. "Hyeon, you will be fine. Please keep breathing."

"Have you checked her pulse?"

"Yes, it's dropping. Almost nil. I don't think we will be able to save her. Please drive faster," he begged.

"Okay."

As he waited outside the Emergency Care Unit while Hyeon was getting treated inside, Taehyung received a call from Kim Namjoon calling him back to the hotel at once since he had managed to catch the man who had done all he did to Hyeon. Taehyung immediately left after giving his phone number to the lady at the reception to call him as soon as they get any news about Hyeon.

"Where is he?" Taehyung asked Min Yoongi angrily.

"Inside. Let him have what he deserves."

Yoongi was not merciful when it came to men like him. He hated men who treat women like shit and use their power on them unfairly.

"Of course. He isn't leaving this place alive," Taehyung said with his teeth gritted.

Taehyung pushed the door open and inside were three men. The culprit who was held in place by Namjoon, Kim Seokjin and Jeon Jeongguk.

"You...," Taehyung ignored Jeongguk's presence and headed straight towards and Namjoon and the man in his hold.

"Let me go or it will get messy," he warned.

"Did Jeon Mal-chin ask you to kill Hyeon?" Taehyung got straight to the point.

"Kill Hyeon? Why didn't anyone tell me that?" Jeongguk freaked out.

"Jeon Jeongguk, please keep your calm. And Hyeon is already in the hospital getting treated. So, please let me talk to him," Taehyung said to him, without moving his gaze away from him.

"I shouldn't have left the hall without Hyeon. It's all my fault to let her be there even when I know how my father is," Jeongguk whispered to himself, holding his head.

"So, did Jeon Mal-chin ask you to do this?" Taehyung continued his enquiry.

"What do you think?"

"I think he did."

He looked at Jeongguk and back at Taehyung. "No, he didn't. I just wanted to do something to make his life easier."

"And so you decided to kill an innocent girl?" Taehyung asked in disbelief. "Where is the knife you used?"

"We checked him, but couldn't find it," Namjoon said.

Listening to this, the culprit felt panic and started shifting his feet and Taehyung did not fail to notice his discomfort.

"Take off your shoes," Taehyung ordered.

"Why?"

"Because I said so!"

There was an unusual coldness in Taehyung's voice that neither did his colleagues nor did his brother recognise. His tone scared the man in front and he did as he told to.

"Namjoon, check the insoles," Taehyung said as he pulled out his gun and placed its tip on the man's forehead.

"You do not mess with me, Kim Taehyung. I am not alone," he threatened in his most intimidating voice, but it did not affect Taehyung one bit.

"Go ahead. Call your people. I assure you none of them will appear to help you because nobody wants to die a death like yours," Taehyung spoke in a low flat tone making his already deep voice even gruffer.

He gulped. Taehyung had shaken his insides with just the look on his face.

"I-I..."

"One more word and the bullet in my gun right now will pass through your head. Consider yourself warned."

He stayed still for a moment to let Taehyung calm down and take his finger off the trigger, but when he did, he immediately pushed him back with a massive force and snatched his shoe from Namjoon and pulled the weapon he used on Hyeon out of it.

Neither did Taehyung, nor anyone else in room panicked, aware that Taehyung had the stronger and more effective weapon. If he tried to do anything, he'd be shot to death.

"You're right. No one would come to save a man like me if I'm killed by the police. But there'll at least be two people at my funeral if I don't give in to you."

And with that, he stabbed himself. Nobody moved as his body collapsed.

And the next moment, Taehyung got a call from the hospital.

"There's no need to take him to the hospital. The CCTV footage will prove it was a suicide. Yoongi, pretend to check his pulse and declare he's dead. Jeon Jeongguk and brother Jin, let's go to the hospital. Yoongi and Namjoon, please take care of this man."

"I don't have to pretend," Yoongi said after checking the non-existent throbbing in his veins. "He seems to be weaker than Choi Hyeon. He's already dead."

"That's because he no longer wished to hold onto life," Taehyung said as he left the building accompanied by the other two males, Jeongguk and Seokjin.

•_•

(A/N: If you've already read this part as a chp, I know I changed it. But I have a valid reason to do so. Anyway, please wait for part two of this book if you've liked it. Thank you for your patience till the end. And I love you sooooo much❤️❤️)