Seeing Red

Catra

"Fuck," Catra muttered, as she hid behind the west wall of the small horde outpost. She ran her hand over the various cuts and bruises that She Ra had inflicted on her, and winced at a particularly nasty gash on her left knee.

In hindsight, she realised it hadn't been the best idea to intentionally corrupt Adora's sword. She scowled to herself, because she knew that she was usually smarter than this. But when it came to fighting Adora, Catra knew better than anyone that she didn't always think things through properly.

"Hey, Catra," She Ra said, as her eerie, red eyes peered over the top of the wall. The sight of her caused an icy knot to twist in Catra's gut.

She gritted her teeth and she ran , limping away as She Ra's towering form stomped after her. But she didn't stand a chance. She Ra was on her in moments, a heavy hand pressed to the back of her neck, forcing her to the floor, the impact knocking the wind from her lungs. Catra choked and struggled to breathe, and she knew that she was done for.

"What's wrong?" She Ra asked. She grabbed one of Catra's arms, and spun her around, so that she was forced to look into those awful, terrifying eyes. "You normally fight back, Catra."

"You're not usually this strong," Catra grunted, as she wiped blood from her lips and then tried to shuffle away. "Just pack it in, She Ra. You won."

She Ra's lips stretched into a manic grin, and she raised her sword, then sliced it towards Catra's leg. She barely avoided the attack, but then She Ra struck again, and this time her attack landed, slicing at least an inch deep across Catra's left thigh.

"Adora, please!" Catra said, shuffling backwards. "Please... just stop..."

But She Ra didn't stop. She lunged for Catra with a large hand, grabbed both of her ankles, and scooped her up until she was dangling upside-down. Blood streamed down Catra's leg and dripped onto the floor, and She Ra laughed, a chilling, emotionless sound, before she leaned towards the fresh wound, and roughly stroked her tongue against it.

"Argh!" Catra yelled, wincing.

She Ra licked her blood-stained lips. "Hmm. I always wondered what you'd taste like."

And then, without any warning Catra was slammed into the ground, hard enough to crack her ribs. It made her feel dizzy, and her vision began to blur.

"A-Adora," she whimpered, struggling to breathe. "S-stop."

But still, She Ra didn't stop

But still, She Ra didn't stop. She stamped a foot down beneath Catra's right knee, and then grabbed her ankle, tugging it.

"What are you- ARGH!"

There was a series of loud cracks , and Catra looked down, finding jagged bone stuck out of her leg in a bloody, broken mess. The sight of it shook her to her core... and then she felt it, felt the red-hot agony bursting through her leg, and she screamed until her throat was raw, until she almost blacked out. And she actually wanted it, that blissful, final end to it all. At least then she could rest.