8- felix felicis

felix felicis

felix felicis

{1996}

Break

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"That was brilliant, Harry!" chortled Ron, once they were safely on their way to break a short while later.

"It was smart, even for you." Alula laughed.

"You really shouldn't have said it," said Hermione, frowning at Ron. "What made you?"

"He tried to jinx me, in case you didn't notice!" fumed Harry. "I had enough of that during those Occlumency lessons! Why doesn't he use another guinea pig for a change? What's Dumbledore playing at, anyway, letting him teach Defense? Did you hear him talking about the Dark Arts? He loves them! All that unfixed, indestructible stuff --"

"Well," said Hermione, "I thought he sounded a bit like you."

"Like me?"

"Grumpier, greasier-"

"Yes, when you were telling us what it's like to face Voldemort. You said it wasn't just memorizing a bunch of spells, you said it was just you and your brains and your guts - well, wasn't that what Snape was saying? That it really comes down to being brave and quick-thinking?"

Harry was so disarmed that she had thought his words were as well worth memorizing as The Standard Book of Spells that he did not argue.

"Harry! Hey, Harry!"

Alula looked around; Jack Sloper, one of the Beaters on last year's Gryffindor Quidditch team, was hurrying toward Harry holding a roll of parchment.

"For you," panted Sloper. "Listen, I heard you're the new Captain. When're you holding trials?"

"I'm not sure yet," said Harry, thinking privately that Sloper would be very lucky to get back on the team. "I'll let you know."

"Oh, right. I was hoping it'd be this weekend -"

But Harry was not listening; he had just recognized the thin, slanting writing on the parchment. Leaving Sloper in mid-sentence, he hurried away with Ron, Alula and Hermione, unrolling the parchment as he went and lowering it so Alula could peek at it.

Dear Harry,

I would like to start our private lessons this Saturday. Kindly come along to my office at 8 P.M. I hope you are enjoying your first day back at school.

Yours sincerely,

Albus Dumbledore

P.S. I enjoy Acid Pops.

"He enjoys Acid Pops?" said Ron, who had read the message over Harry's shoulder and was looking perplexed.