Eavesdropper

Mullette

Fluffy

College Au.

Hercules flopped onto his bed in his dorm. He was exhausted, College is so stressful. He had a ton of homework he was too lazy to complete, he had a room-mate who probably thought he was annoying, Alex and Jefferson couldn't shut up and he always felt like he was third wheeling John and Alex. So he was hanging out with the Schuyler's more. He enjoyed spending time with them.

a loud door slammed in the room beside him, which made him groan. His senses were overwhelmed. Then came murmuring. Hercules sighed.

Can i just have some peace and quiet around here?

He was about to get up to start his homework when he heard his name.

Hercules wasn't a noisy person, he didn't want to intrude on other peoples private conversations. When he heard his name again he couldn't help but press his ear to the wall where the noise was coming from.

" Oh i know him, He's one of my best friends" He heard John say.

" Yes that's him!" The voice seemed to belong to his room-mate Lafayette.

His voice was pretty recognizable because of his french accent.

" What about him?"

Hercules considered removing his ear from the wall, he had quite a lot of work to do, He also may be in dangerous territory if he continued to listen. But he resumed, thinking that it was beneficial to know what his room-mate thought of him.

Hercules had never actually seen Laf and John talk before, despite being close to both of them. He knew that Laf and John became good friends upon Lafayette's arrival from france.

" I- well maybe..."

" Maybe what?" John said slightly annoyed.

" uh... Mon ami.."

" You aren't.."

" Well maybe a bit-"

" nope, nope, nope, nope. NOPE!! NO WAY"

" But.."

" Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette" John sighed.

" I know, I know, he is just so tough looking and he could knock anybody out if he wanted to. But he doesn't because he's respectful, and mature. Hes like a big teddy bear"

Hercules blushed. He didn't know his room-mate felt that way about him.

" You've known him for what? Two weeks?"

" You'd be surprised how much he talks to me. I feel like I have known him my entire life, there's not a dull thing that leaves his mouth. Have you seen some of his tailor designs? They are amazing ! Not a lot of people don't get annoyed when I accidentally rant about my love for France, but he actually doesn't mid. Can you believe that Mon Ami?! His voice is like a smooth baguette"

" A smooth baguette?" John raised his brow in a 'really? ' type of way.

"You should hear his tired voice, I can't tell if I want to make out with him or cuddle him"

A deeb red blush crossed Herc's face.

" Oh mon dieu"

Hercules could literally see John facepalming when John said that.

" Hey! your sounding like me now" Laf laughed. " But oh Mon dieu indeed". Now Herc could hear the smirk in Lafayette's voice, followed by a groan and a shared laugh.

" He truly is a remarkable man, John"

Hercules smiled, He thought that he had just been preventing John from sleep, being super annoying. " I wish i knew what was going on in his brain, I know there's more going on that he wont tell me. But his thoughts are beautiful especially when they reach beyond the stars"

_-----_---_-_-

Like any other night Laf entered the dorm to see Herc doing homework. They exchanged smiles and Laf sat down at his bed across the small room, studying Herc's face. Lost in thought. " Lights out" The dorm supervisor called and Hercules finished up his work before turning the lights off and laying down in his bed. They laid in silence waiting for the footsteps in the hallway to pass before they could begin talking. It was a nightly routine of theirs.

Once the footsteps faded they turned to each other.

" I have to tell you something" Herc said. He could feel his throat bundle in a mix of mubo jumbo.

Laf sat up to face Herc who was laying down starring at the ceiling, afraid to meet eye contact.

" What is it, Mon Ami?"

Herc forced himself to shift in his bed to meet Laf's gaze for less tension.

Lafayette could see the bit of nervousness in Herc's eyes so he patted the spot next to him gesturing for Hercules to come sit next to him.

Hercules obeyed and sat next to Laf looking at him intently.

He didn't know what to say.

How do you casually tell your room-mate that you heard his secret love confession to you by accidental eavesdropping?

Before he knew it he was closing the gap between him and Laf pressing his lips onto Laf's.

Lafayette was shocked by the action but kissed back.

" Uh- Mon Ami?"

" Walls are thin" Hercules smirked at Laf who blushed in embarrassment when he realized Herc had heard his conversation with John.

" Don't be embarrassed" Hercules softly said.

Herc took Laf's hands in his.

" Because i feel the same"

Yey! Hope you enjoyed this chapter of fluffiness.

If you haven't already please check out my other books. it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you potatoes!

- Nat

" WhAt DeM fRiEd PoTaToEs" 🥔