Chapter 12

It was the night of the party and I was nervous for a lot of different reasons.  I was nervous that I'd have to interact with people, that Ray would leave me alone, or that there would be alcohol there.  I know I sound like a paranoid good girl, but  I had never interacted with anyone in my high school class before.  It would be awkward, seeing them outside of the classrooms.

I was standing by my closet in a towel, debating on what to wear.  Should I be kind of formal, or just casual? I decided to go with some skinny jeans, and a sparkly black tank top.  After dressing, I dried my hair as fast as I could, but ended up being unsatisfied.  I quickly blow dried my hair, so it fell in it's usual place, down my back, and around my shoulders.

This may sound vain, but I've always liked my hair. I liked the way the dark curls cascaded down my back, and framed my face the right way.

I ended up throwing on some black sneakers, grabbing a jacket, and a water bottle so I had something to hold.  Having something to do with my hands always helped me calm my nerves.  That is why I learned to perform in front of Ray.  Holding the bow, or playing the keys distracted me.

As I walked out the door, I realized something.  I'd overcome my stage fright.  I'd overcome my fear in talking to people, performing in front of people, and letting my emotions show.  I had cried in front of Ray.... I' performed in front of Ray.... And I've talked to him in his family.  

I walked through the cold weather to Ray's house.  It was the beginning of March, so I'd only have to deal with this stupid weather for a little while longer.

"Awe don't you look hot," he said when I came in, and took off my jacket.  I studied him. Good thing I went with casual. He was just wearing baggy jeans, and a tight black shirt that showed off every muscle he had.  He wasn't a buff guy, but he did have muscles.

"I could say the same to you," I said.  He smiled, and took my hand.  We walked to his friends house, me skipping like an idiot half of the way, trying to get him to join me.  But no.... Apparently he didn't have the jitters like me.

We walked in the door greeted by people drinking, making out in corners, and dancing like idiots.  His house was huge, and perfect for a party.  

His friend came up to us.  Oh god, people.  I held onto Ray's arm, just for protection.  

"Hey man!" he said coming up to us.  He smiled at first, then looked at me, like he couldn't believe I was here.  It was probably because I didn't really talk to anyone, but Ray should have told his friends about me by now.... right?

"Hey, this is Jordan, Jordan, this is Justin," he said.  Justin.... the kid that Heather cheated on Ray with.  Even though Ray forgave him, I didn't like him.  One, for helping smash Ray's heart, and I was picking up a weird vibe somehow.

"Hey," he said nodding at me, with a strange look on his face.  "Sooo.... are you guys like a thing?" he said after an awkward silence. I noticed Ray shoot him the death stare, but I wasn't sure why.

"Are we a thing Jordan?" Ray asked, grinning, like he was making a joke.  I grinned back.  Were we a thing?

"Well I guess I like you a little bit," I said sarcastically.  Then I realized what I had said and started blushing.  Justin looked shocked.  Why hadn't Ray told him?  Justin just stared at me, then looked at Ray, shaking his head, like he was amazed.  He walked away.

"You okay?" Ray asked after he had walked away.

"Yeah, but what's with him?" I asked.  Ray suddenly looked nervous.

"He's just weird like that.... Listen, I'm going to go grab a drink, say hey to a couple of my friends.  You'll be okay doll face?" he said with a smirk. For some reason, he seemed insecure. I was so confused.  I nodded, not really wanting him to leave, but not wanting to keep him away from his other friends.  He kissed me on the top of my head and walked away.

I noticed that people tended to stay away from me, so I tried to go somewhere where I could avoid people.  I opened a couple doors, hoping to find empty rooms.  No. 

Finally, I ended up finding a couch in the corner to sit on.  I waited there for a while, wishing I had told Ray to come by himself  I sat there, feeling awkward, but not as awkward as I would have before I met Ray.  I guess things like these were hard to get used to at first..

After a while, Ray was nowhere to be found.  I looked in the main room where everyone was, but didn't find him.  I looked everywhere.  I looked into I few of the rooms I'd looked in before, but I found no sign of him.

Suddenly, someone came up behind me, giving me a big hug.  I turned around to find a wobbly Ray.  Ray was grinning, bouncing around, and looked like he could barely stand. Drunk.  He even slurred his words.

"Hey beautiful how you doin," he said, grabbing onto my shoulders to keep from falling.  I tried not to get annoyed.  Why would he get drunk?  To contain my anger, I just laughed.

"I'm doing okay," I said, and brought him over to the couch I was previously sitting on, so I didn't have to hold him up.

"Well I have never been better," he said smiling, and collapsing on my lap.  He looked up at me, and touched my face for some reason.  I laughed.

"Well that's good.  Why are you so happy?" I said, sitting him up.  Even though he was drunk, he was still flawless.  I couldn't stop looking at his face.

"Justin is breaking up with Bethany.... I never liked her," he said.  I smiled, remembering Bethany.  I knew exactly who he was talking about.  I was never really a fan of her either.

"Awe why is that such a good thing?  It's never fun ending a relationship," I said, sounding like a foul.  Who was I to talk about relationships like that?

"Well," he said, sitting up, and leaning close to me ear like he was telling me a secret "It means that I won the bet," he whispered in my ear, and then looked around to make sure nobody listened.  I giggled, an tried to recall him talking about a bet.   But he didn't talk about his friends a lot.

"What bet?" I asked.

 He then went "SHH!" and held a finger up to his lips.  "Gotta keep it a secret.  Tell her when it's time,"  he said.  I raised an eyebrow, now, totally confused.

"What is this bet you speak of?" I asked, for some reason, dying to know the answer.  He looked around frantically as if he was afraid of someone hearing.

"The bet to see if I could get Jordan Ainsworth to fall in love with me," 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AHHHHHHH!!!! As you can see there might only be one or two more chapters.  Most likely one.  I thought I'd leave with a little cliffhanger, and leave her reaction for the next chapter. 

I just want to also say thank you to all of the few people who kept up with this story.  Most people quit my stories after the first couple chapters.  Either that, or it' mostly my friends who read.  Don't get me wrong, I love when my friends and stuff read too, but this was surprising to me.  So thank you for my four other readers who I do not know in real life, for all of your support.  I really appreciate it :) Keep up with the votes and comments and don't give up on me.

SHARE YOUR FEELINGS DEARIES!

-Cheesy Writer