C h a p t e r 19: Disorientation

I woke up to see my parents, the Kingston's, and Maya around me.
The doctor told my parents that I was going to recover just fine and that I have gotten to the hospital just in time.
Hey! How did I get to the hospital?

"Umm hello?," I said and everyone turned to face me and started to ask me a bunch of questions. The doctor told them to move and give me my space. After everyone and everything had calmed downed I got told what had happened to me.

"How did I get here?" I asked. "You had a small stress-induced heart attack and fainted, but you'll recover fine sweetheart." my mother said in a sweet tone that I rarely heard her use.
I looked around and realizing that I had a hospital gown on."Wait, so how long was I out for?" I asked. "You've been asleep for almost three days, sweetheart," my mother continued in that tone. After, one more look around I had realized that someone was missing.

"Oh...where's Oliver?" I asked.
Everyone stopped looking at me and stopped making eye contact with me.
Mrs. Kingston came up beside me and put her hand on mine. She looked at me sweetly and said, "Honey, I'm sorry but he's gone back."

"Gone back? GONE BACK!" I screamed. The beeping of my heart monitor had gotten louder. Causing my nurses to run in and try and calm me down.
They told everyone to leave until I was calm.

...

I got discharged a day later. My mother wouldn't let me out of her sight, so I was staying at my parents' home for a few days.
My father had to tell her that I could take care of myself for her to let me go.

Maya came and picked me up and she drove me to my apartment.
"Sooooooo" she started off.
"No, I don't want to talk about it, Maya!" I said already knowing what she was going to ask.

We grabbed the mail before heading in.
I opened the door to my apartment and Maya jumped on to the couch while I looked through the mail.

"Let's see," I said with a sigh

"Junk, junk, bills, junk, Oliver..." I pause hoping that Maya didn't hear anything, then continued.

"and more junk wow nothing really important today," I say loud enough to make sure she heard.

Unfortunately, she heard EVERYTHING. "What was Oliver's letter about?" she said getting up from the couch.

"Umm, I don't know I didn't read it," I said trying to sound unbothered.

"Then, READ it!" she says. "I don't want to," I say back.

"Okay then, I'll read it!" she said as she grabbed the letter out of my grip.

"NO!" I say loudly. She gives me a sly look. "It's not like that," I quickly added. She kept on staring at me. "Fine, I'll open it" I gave her an eye roll.

I opened the envelope, pulled out the note, and started reading.

Dear Alice,

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry.

This wouldn't have happened if I just told everyone that you didn't want to marry me. I pushed this too far and you got hurt, and I don't want to hurt you anymore.

I wanted to tell you everything that had happened to me, but to be honest, I was scared. You were the first person that I could truly trust, and I didn't want you to think that I was a coward.

I know that we'll probably never see each other again, and I think that will be for the best.

Don't worry I know you find someone who you will love back and who won't hurt you as I did.

Sincerely,
Oliver Kingston.

I looked up at Maya in horror. She gave me a distressed look, "Alice, what's wrong?"

"This was all a horrible misunderstanding," I say.

Word count: 651
Thank you all so much for 5k read I honestly didn't think that anyone was going to read this. Don't forget get to vote and comment and tell me how you feel about the book! Other than that I hope you all have a nice day and stay safe <3