34.

Song: BTS (방탄소년단) Louder than bombs

The night went by a little depressing, we packed the decorations without a celebration and nobody felt the urge to eat so the food which everyone prepared with lots of love went into the fridge untouched.

I was lying in my room, staring at the oddly interesting ceiling. The faint knocks on my bedroom door dragged me out of my thoughts as I walked towards the door to open. Seeing Hyunjin there I opened the door wider and made him sit immediately.

"What brought you here prince?" I giggled sitting across him.

"You must be curious why I didn't reply to you when you asked me about today's event." He started, nervously rubbing the nape of his neck.

I hummed in response, indicating him to tell me, what actually happened.

"They were after you." These four words were enough to let my soul fall in the deep pit of my stomach. I took in a gasp of fresh air as I suddenly felt breathless.

"I am sure they were." I replied; sweat forming on my forehead despite the air conditioner blowing out cool air.

"They asked me things which I never even heard, and..." He paused for a moment looking at me, a concerned expression hanging over his face.

"What is it? If you won't tell me then everything will end up being worse." Hearing my words he looked down at his intertwined fingers and sighed, somewhat dejected.

"They knew everything about us, our occupations, and the timings of when where we are. The thing which made me creep out the most is that, they even know the slightest bit of our details. What I did today, yesterday or even an hour before. Hanbin something is seriously bad." He told me, concern and distress evident on his face. My jaw tightened as my blood started to heat up, hearing the steps my father was taking to get 'me' back to his side.

"I am sorry Hyunjin; you had to go through this shit because of me." I wasn't able to contain the guilt bubbling up inside me, the words themselves made their way out of my mouth, my soul trying to lessen the heavy feeling of guilt inside me.

"You don't need to apologize to me, please drop these formalities, I am your brother just like Jaebeom hyung is, and if he was on my place would you still speak like this to him." His wise words made my eyes widen a bit, as it was my first time seeing the thoughtful boy, behind the cheery and goofy Hyunjin we always saw.

"Let's just pray that nothing goes wrong, we should think of something." He added, a frown settled over his face making him look extremely bothered.

"Please don't go out, especially this week and don't attend calls from any unknown number, I would prefer that you should enable don't disturb mode on your phone." We both walked towards the door as I told him the precautions, which I thought were the most effective to avoid any further accidents.

-

I rocked back and forth on my chair, biting the dead skin on my lips continuously the sign that I was extremely anxious. The velvety warm air assorted in the room, cold rain drops barged in the room through the window I opened, so that the suffocation what I felt could gush out of the room. The muted blue curtains which were tucked sideways, now were set free because of the wild wind rushing in the room.

I stood up and walked towards the entrance of the wind, placing my hands on the fence which now felt damp. I closed my eyes and took in a few breaths calming myself, the air wasn't dry it was softer and humid, blowing away my brown locks from my face. Lightning flashed from the sky enlightening the world for less than a second and then again it went dark followed on by deep thunder, it started to pour even harder yet the breeze was calm now.