vii. Goodbye, Fourth Year

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓫𝔂𝓮, 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓱 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

THE TRI-WIZARD TOURNAMENT had ended. The three tasks had been completed, the cup had been seized - and yet, the celebrations that everyone had expected to come out of the tournament was instead halls filled with students more quieter than usual or the absence of so many of what Sadie could only assume was Cedric Diggory's former friends.

Everyone was affected by Cedric's death, whether they knew him personally, or not. Very few managed to sleep on the night of the third task, including the girls in Sadie's dormitory - all were haunted by the image of Cedric's cold body spread out over the ground, and could not close their eyes without seeing his numb, lifeless face in front of them.

So, Sadie tried to do what she did best - attempted to make everyone feel better, as much as she could.

Of course, nobody was going to be feeling on top of the world, but she tried her hardest to get at least one smile on their face. She snuck down to the kitchens just before nine, also coming face to face with quite a few other students there - they must've had the same idea as her. She grabbed a range of food and put it in a bag, from sandwiches to cocktail sausages and even some biscuits.

Sadie knew she had a case of Butterbeer bottles in her room that she'd gotten in Hogsmeade once, so when she returned to Ravenclaw tower, she'd offered one around to everyone in her dorm - and then, she'd gone into the boys' dormitory (where they had expressed their annoyance at how girls could get into their dormitory but they couldn't get into theirs - this was a common occurrence). Sadie had offered the group of lads some Butterbeers, which they'd grinned, and taken. All the Ravenclaw boys in her year (apart from Chad, maybe) and a couple Gryffindors, had a habit of calling her 'Big Sis' and so they'd all thanked her, referring to her with that nickname (of which made her grin). They all seemed to be restless, too, and were grateful for her appearance.

The girls in Sadie's dormitory also decided to share out their leftover sweets from Hogsmeade, and they'd spent the night having a little feast, keeping each other company and making sure each of them were okay.

Needless to say, Sadie was glad to have these particular girls to share a dormitory with. In her opinion, she'd landed the best Ravenclaw girls in her year.

Mandy was the first to fall asleep, tucking herself beneath the covers and leaving her curtains open to she could still talk to the girls right up until the second she fell unconscious. Lisa was second, and did the same, followed by Padma. Marianne and Sadie were the last awake - playing a game of throwing each other sweets across to the other's bed and trying to catch them in their mouths, only they had to celebrate quietly when they did catch them, so to not wake up the other girls.