viii. Marianne's Birthday

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓫𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓭𝓪𝔂

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"Saturday night, dance, I like the way you move..."

Colourful lights from Marianne's disco balls were blaring all around, a cacophonous rumble of chatter and singing seemed to bounce of the walls, and the pop of a balloon sounded once every couple minutes thanks to the amount that had fallen to the ground as the party progressed.

Amongst it all, Sadie was happily dancing and mingling with whoever she could, helping Marianne out with trying to keep the place remotely clean so that they didn't have to much to sort out once the party was over - although, much to her surprise, the hall hadn't turned into a shit-hole quite yet.

And, many, many people had turned up - practically almost everyone who was invited. The only few missing was Cho Chang and her friends - and Cho had written Marianne a lovely letter thanking her for the invite but explaining how she wasn't quite sure she could face seeing everyone quite yet. Sadie's heart could only ache for the girl. It must be devastating for her.

But, like she'd previously said, tonight was to forget about all the crap going on. Tonight was their little escape from reality. And Sadie was sure that must've been what Hermione had told the two boys, because somehow, she'd actually managed to get them to show up - and they brought Ginny along, too. The blonde girl had actually done a double take when she saw them awkwardly enter - many others did, too, truth be told.

But still - it was Harry and Ron. And this seemed to be a replica of the Yule Ball for them, as they were currently sitting in the corner with a bottle of Butterbeer each, watching everyone else. Although, they didn't have the discomfort of their dress robes, this time, so perhaps they might be the slightest bit happier.

Hermione was gladly dancing and chatting to whoever, though - at the moment, it was with Maddie and Jake, since Jess had gone off with Ginny to get another drink.

And Sadie? Currently flouncing around with Dean, Seamus and Chad - all of whom were familiar with the muggle song by Whigfield and even knew how to dance to it, as well, so they were all unstoppable, really.

"Pretty baby!" she and Chad harmonised, as Marianne slowly made her way over to join.

"Hey, you," Seamus grinned, wrapping an arm around her waist, as she began singing along to the song as well as her friends. "Stop running around and relax. Everyone's fine, you need have a good time too,"

Marianne gave the boy a warm smile, before turning to her best friend.

"Honestly, you are gonna have to do a double Yule Ball, Sadie, and get those losers up," the red-head said, nodding to the boys slouched in the corner - currently chatting to Neville Longbottom.