Chapter 2: Train ride

Reluctant to walk slow, he rushed through the crowd. It felt like his heart was sweeping into his stomach as nerves erupted in his body. He pushed his way through students, luggage and parents, without saying sorry when he stepped on someone's foot or accidentally shoved someone. Uncomfortable sweat was forming on his forehead, but his messy black hair hid it well. He reached a door and got on the train where seniors would sit, quickly finding an empty compartment. At this point his nerves were going haywire. He deflated on the seat, needing the comforting silence to relax. Already exhausted.

The Auror hurried after him as if he was scared to loose sight of him, shoving students harshly to the side without any care. The man was fuming when he breathlessly arrived at the compartment only seconds later.

"I thought Aurors were supposed to be in shape."

Gibson's face twisted into further animosity.

"We're not used to running after teenagers on busy train stations." A small acidic smile appeared on his thin, dry lips. "Those statements from before seems a bit strange now... You've said repeatedly that you've got no memory of anything regarding the magic community, nor have you been here before, yet you knew exactly how to go through the brick wall. It's unusual to someone doing it without being scared the first time as well... Funny how you knew how to navigate on the platform too... It's very interesting." Gibson was suspicious, but he was no Sherlock Holmes wizard version 2.

Thankfully.

"Oh you know, I just have a good eye for my surroundings and followed what others were doing." Harry's hands twisted together as his mind wandered. It had been careless of him to not consider what his current image of boy-without-a-memory was supposed to act.

"Of course." There was no conviction lacing those words, only sarcasm.

Harry couldn't care less, not when he was finally about to get away from this man. Gibson already thought he was a criminal on the run or something. It didn't really matter if he realised Harry knew things he wasn't supposed to know, not when he was about to leave.

However seconds passed and the man still hadn't left.

Harry frowned, feeling irritation bubbling up inside of him. "I thought you were busy? I don't think you need to accompany me any further, so shouldn't you be going now?"

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" Gibson's eyes narrowed.

At least he got the hint.

Harry smirked, "Yes."

"Always so cheeky," Gibson sent him another hateful look. "It's too bad for you, because that won't happen yet. I'm planning on staying for a little while more."

The Auror was blocking the door and glanced over his shoulder to look down the aisle. What he was observing or attempting to find, was lost on Harry who decided to ignore the man until he was gone.

His green eyes looked through the window, now bewitched with the scene outside, when he had a safe distance and wasn't observed. Somewhere amongst the masses was his father and mother.

Almost inaudible Gibson mutters, "Stay here."

Harry huffed, it wasn't like he had anywhere to go.

Gibson closed the door, which meant that the students outside would see the compartment as taken. That was fine by Harry, he wasn't keen on socialising with anyone at the moment. The situation was nerve wrecking; he would meet his living and breathing parents soon.

A deafening hissing sound rang out from the train, honking loudly, telling students and parents that it was about to leave soon. Those who were still on the platform began to move towards the steal object. Rushing to get on before it would leave.