Chapter 7

~THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL~

~MADISON'S POINT OF VIEW ~

"Maddi, wake up. We have school." Hayes says shaking me lightly.

My eyes flutter open. "Morning." I groan.

"Morning babe." Hayes says kissing my forehead.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"6:30 am." Hayes tells me.

He leaves my room. Since I showered last night I don't have to now. I get dressed. I decide to wear a pair of high waisted denim shorts, a loose-ish deep red sleeveless crop top with the number 25, a cream cardigan, and white converse.

Then I brush my hair and put it in a messy bun. I put my black twist headband. I put my mom's favorite dimond earrings in. I grab my back pack. It's a white canvas bag with a lace design.

Inside my backpack's main pouch is 4 folders, 1 pack of college ruled loose leaf paper. 2 binders, 2 notebooks, my laptop + charger, and my pencil bag. (My pencil case is mint green with golden zippers. There are two pockets. One side has my hand lotion, eos, lip butter, and mascara. The other pocket has 2 red pens, 2 blue pens, 2 black pens, 3 sharpies, 4 #2 pencils, 5 lead pencils, 2 packs of lead, and 2 packs of erasers.) The small pocket in the front of my backpack is filled with my bus pass, my schedule, 26 #2 pencils, a pack of mint gum, a pack of cinnamon gum, a back of the double sided icebreakers, a pack of the normal icebreakers, my house keys, and $25. The left side pocket has my phone, earbuds, and my charger in it. My right side pocket has girly items. Attached to the handle of by backpack is a mini handsanitizer in a pink, sparkly holder.

By the time I get downstairs it's 7:15. I eat a bagel and have a glass of orange juice. (I eat normally again.) Then I brush my teeth and mouthwash. I'm ready to go by 7:30.

"Hayes, hurry up!" I yell.

"I'll be done in 5!" He replies.

I forgot to wake Skylynn up. I run upstairs to her room and open the door. I go over and gently shake her.

"Sky, wake up. You have school today." I say.

"Eww, school." She says causing me to laugh.

"Get up, I'll pick out an outfit." I tell her.

I go over to her closet and grab a pair of leggings and a shirt with a horse.

"Here." I say giving the clothes to her, "Go get dressed."

She runs into her bathroom and I leave her room. Hayes is right at the door when I open it.

"Wow, you look beautiful." Hayes comments.

"Thank you. Let's get going." I say.

We walk to the bus stop. It's just down the block.

There is a girl standing, waiting for the bus.

"Hi Hayes. Who is she?" The girl says.

"Emma. This is Madison, my girlfriend. She moved here from New York 3 weeks ago." Hayes tells her.

She mumbles something. I don't know what it was though. Just then the bus pulls up. When get on and I get many stares. I sit next to Hayes towards the back of the bus.

Once we get to school we go straight to homeroom. Hayes introduces me to some of his friends. There was a pretty bad thunderstorm outside and then we heard the crack of lightning. It was really loud and the building shook. The fire alarm going off. We still have all our stuff in our backpacks. We carry all our stuff outside and wait in the pouring rain. Then we hear sirens. Our whole school is on fire.

~LATER THAT DAY~

Well our school burned to the ground today. Looks like we will be skipping 8th grade. This is going to be a long year.