00. Past

╔══════════════╗

"In which where the past has been forgotten by the future."

╚══════════════╝

══════════════

             She closed her eyes and knew it was the end. She couldn't move, not even an inch or a twitch from her body. She just stayed there, her whole self in front of the sky with blood dripping from her mouth.

She could hear the yells of her allies from all around the battle field. No one coming to her soon-to-be-a-corpse body because they were busy fighting a Goddess.

This wasn't the story where the protagonist's friends would go to their dying friend in the midst of the battle, no. That was impossible with the amount of people dying every second as she lays on the bloodied floor. It was just impossible.

Too impossible to defeat her.

This wasn't the universe where Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura would be able to defeat the moon Goddess. Where the Allied Shinobi has won the war and everything was alright after it. People who sacrificed their lives in the war are heroes, legends that are told to the next generation. There are an infinite timeline where they do not win, an infinite timeline where they do win.

This wasn't just the ending they, the society of shinobi, wanted.

This was the reality where they all failed, where instead of sealing the Goddess back, she was able to kill one of the main factor that was supposed to be the person who was supposed to bring the nation together.

First, the sky fell.

Uzumaki Naruto had died in the middle of the battle, the Kitsune no Kyūbi ripped from his own body. His soul already gone from the world by the time anyone noticed and everyone knew it was too impossible to fight with the Jūbi with their own strengths.

That's when everything fucked up.

They can't even fight the strength of one tailed beast, how the hell in the world can they fight the combination of ten beasts?

And once the sky fell, the whole world mourned over the death of their sky, prayed that he looks after them as they fight the main antagonist of the war.

Second, the storm went away.

Hatake Kakashi has been a storm among the whole nations. A prodigy that strike fear through the whole nation died by over-exhausting himself. He died by chakra exhaustion.

One by one, those who was supposed to be the factors of sealing Kaguya back died.

Then it was her turn to die, she wasn't the first to die by the hands of Kaguya nor was she the last. She didn't want to die because she was supposed to be a medic-nin, the best of the best, supposed to be in a tent because she was needed. She should be healing and fighting among her allies, she should have trained more, she should have fought more, she should have destroyed more, she should have healed Naruto, healed Kakashi-sensei and stay with Sasuke-kun.