Chapter 2

Crip crip crip

Birds already made a noise so early in the morning. That time when many other people were still sleeping, there is one girl who already stretching outside her house. She was ready to do her daily routine.

"Yoshaaa~!!" The ash girl starts to run for her daily jogging. Since the first time she knew basketball. She is very fascinating in that sport. Athletics is one good point that she has. But, everytime she plays any sports, she never feels this interest until she found that basketball.

Since she was a child, she was always beaten by the kids who were older than her in basketball. That's why she always practices on her own. She did it everyday since then, without her noticed it had become her daily routine. She gradually loves basketball without her realizing it.

She running while bringing her bag that a ball in it. She always runs everyday in the morning to the street basketball court. She was never tired to do that everyday, she dribbled the ball, shooting to the ring countless times. At first, that ash hair girl didn't notice there are a pair of topaz eyes that always watch her everyday at that court. The girl who had topaz eyes always sit on the edge of the court, smiling looked at You who played with the ball.

"Morning, Riko." You said without looked at Riko. She still focus on dribbling the ball and shooting it to the ring.

"Good morning, You-chan." Smiling at the ash hair girl. Now, this had become an everyday sight. You who always play with her ball, and Riko who always watch her from the edge of the court.

Didn't know how many hours already pass. Everytime You play with the ball, she always forgot about the time. Till she lay down in the middle of the court with a panting breath, she was tired but she had a happy face on hers.

"Here, the water." Riko gave her a bottle of water and sat beside her.

"Thank you." You woke up and sat there. She drank the water. "I can't wait for next week." Smirking.

"Next week? Oh, the first day of high school."

"Yeah, I'll bring back that trophy to ours." She couldn't hide her excited feeling on her face.

"I heard from my dad, there are a few students from another country. They are my dad's friend daughter." Riko said.

"So?"

"Hm... He said one of them is really good at basketball."

"Is that so." While playing with the ball on her index finger. "Good then. I'll look how good she is next week." A smirk formed on her lips.

"You looked so happy, You-chan." Riko added.

"Of course. If She is that good, that's no way I'm not happy. To face a strong player, nothing can make me happy other than that." Her face looked so excited, that makes Riko smiling too.

"Good then." She leaned her head to You's shoulder.

"Riko."

"Hm?"

"Heavy."

"Hmm...." Smiling "You want me to hang you up there?" She added while pointed at the ring on the court.

"I'm kidding. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"Lately you're more clingy on me than usual." You said.

Bathump!

"I-Is that bother you?"

"Not at all. Just asking." Still playing with the ball on her finger. "If there is something that bothers you, you can talk to me. Anything." She added.