An UnLexpected Appearance

(Clark and his friends entered the dance floor when he saw his cousin Kara sipping punch)

Clark: "Kara? What are you doing here?"

Kara: "I wanted to join in on the fun. Experience what Smallville was like back in the day."

Oliver: "That's what I said!"

Lois: "Plus I'm sure you also wanted to try and get last week's events off your mind huh?"

Kara: "Oh man! I was just starting to forget all that."

Lois: "Oh I'm so sorry! I'll shut up now."

Clark: "So you just came here by yourself? Are you allowed to do that?"

Kara: "Actually I came with someone. I hope you don't mind but he insisted he wasn't coming to ruin anything."

Clark: "Who are you talking a..?"

(Then Lex Luthor walked over)

Lex: "Evening Clark!"

Lana: "What..?"

Chloe: "..the.."

Lois: "..absolute hell.."

Oliver: "..is he.."

Clark: "..doing here?"

Lex: "Wow. You guys must have rehearsed that."

Clark: "Hey why don't the rest of you guys go dance or something. I need a minute alone with Lex."

(Everyone spread out as Clark and Lex walked off into the hallway)

Clark: "Why are you here? And what do you want with Kara?"

Lex: "Clark I swear I didn't mean anything by it. It seemed like a nice idea. I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable."

(Clark struggled to contain his emotions as he had memories of the other version of Lex murdering his father but he tried to keep his composure, knowing that this Lex and he had left things on decent terms)

Clark: "Just wasn't expecting you that's all."

Lex: "Well I suppose that's fair. It's not like I went to school here. And also don't worry Kara and I aren't dating or anything like that."

Clark: "That's a relief."

Lex: "Heh she's just a friend. So are we okay?"

(Clark had so many things he felt the urge to say but settled for keeping things civil)

Clark: "Of course. Let's head back in."

(They reentered the dance floor and Clark found himself staring at Lois standing in the middle all by herself with the crystal ball shining beautifully above her)

(Clark walked up to her and offered his hand just as the song Everything by Lifehouse came on the speakers)

Clark: "May I have this dance?"

(Lois's face lit up in a beautiful smile)

Lois: "I thought you'd never ask."