Anger...

Narrator's POV

Ciel frowned as his mother pinned a badge to his shirt.

The small metal badge was a pale pink and the border had little roses circling it.

That's not what bothered Ciel, what bothered him was what it read in big bold letters, "Please Be Patient, I Have Special Needs."

Ciel hated that Muma always made him wear it whenever he left home so he stopped wanting to leave home more and more but he couldn't avoid it today.

Today, his cousin, Edward, had gotten accepted into some fancy grown-up school so he could be a doctor like their Aunt Ann.

So, to celebrate, Aunt Frances and Uncle Alexis Leon had invited the entire extended family to a fancy restaurant.

Which meant that Ciel not only had to wear the dreaded badge but also agitating big boy clothes: a blue button up shirt, a black vest, black slacks and black shoes that had laces instead of velcro.

After a twenty minute car ride, the Phantomhives were inside the Italian restaurant and escorted to the reserved table.

Greeting were quickly exchanged and Rachel and Vincent gave Edwards lots of praise and congratulations but Ciel just quietly sat in his chair and stared at the menu in horror.

There was nothing here but big words like 'Quattro Formaggi' and 'Ossovuco' which was a terrible situation for a picky eater to be in.

No one at the table seemed to notice his horror, everyone just talking to each other or focusing on Edward, but a waitress did notice his strife and after she read his badge she softly asked if he'd like a children's menu.

Ciel eagerly shook his head and the woman soon returned with a paper menu as well as a small pouch of crayons that held the basic three colors of red, yellow and blue.

The bluenette immediately calmed down upon reading this menu, seeing familiar things like cheese or pepperoni pizza, chicken tenders, macaroni cheese and penne Alfredo.

Using the blue crayon, Ciel circled 'penne Alfredo'.

Next on the list he had an option for a side: chips or steamed vegetables.

Obviously, he circled 'chips' and then began solving the riddles and puzzles that were printed on the menu as well as coloring in the pastas decorating it.

None of the other seven people sitting at the table paid him any mind until the waitress returned to take their orders.

The majority of the family ordered things like scallops, carbonara, frutti di mare, herb gnocchi, filet mignon, margherita pizza or mushroom risotto.

Vincent nearly popped a vein when he heard the words "Penne Alfredo with chips, please." leave his son's mouth.

***

Ciel hummed softly as he stared out the car window, having no idea what was coming his way.

The moment his parents joined him in the car and the doors were closed, Vincent turned around and began shouting at his son, "HOW DARE YOU EMBARRASS ME LIKE THAT!?"

Ciel immediately turned to face him and began tearing up, having no idea what he did wrong that was making Papa so angry.

Even Rachel was shocked at why he was so angry, softly asking, "What did he do?"

"What did he do? WHAT DID HE DO!" Vincent repeated, shocked she even had to ask, "WE GET HIM TO LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN BLEEDING AGES AND TAKE HIM TO GET A GOOD MEAL. AND WHAT DOES HE ORDER? PENNE AND FECKING CHIPS!"

Rachel tried to defend Ciel, "I'm sure he didn't mean to embarrass you, you know how he's a bit of a picky eater and the normal menu must have been difficult for him."

Ciel nodded to her words, he hadn't meant to make Papa mad, "I'm sorry, Papa."

His apology only seemed to make his father angrier, "THAT'S IT, THIS NONSENSE IS OVER NOW! WHEN WE GET HOME I'M TAKING AWAY ALL OF YOUR TOYS AND FAIRY TALES AND THE OTHER BABYISH RUBBISH YOU HAVE FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH! IF I SO MUCH AS HEAR YOU HUMMING A DISNEY SONG I WILL JUST TAKE YOUR RUBBISH TO GOODWILL AND SELL IT!"

***

Vincent kept to his word, upon returning home Ciel's bedroom was ransacked.

Posters were ripped off the walls, his bookshelf was stripped of all his books except the educational ones, his knickknacks were taken off the shelves, and his toy chest was emptied.

Vincent went through three rubbish bags putting everything inside.

Ciel was just sitting on his bed, clinging to Bitter Rabbit as he sobbed harder than he ever had before.

To her credit, Rachel tried to sate her husband's rage, telling him enough was enough or that the trauma he was giving Ciel might do irreparable damage to his fragile mental state.

Vincent ignored Rachel and Ciel's pleadings to stop, continuing until the room was barren of all childish things.

Not even Bitter Rabbut was spared and was ripped out of his arms and tossed unceremoniously into the rubbish bag full of toys.

"Not that one, Vince, he won't be able to sleep without it." Rachel pleaded

Vincent was beyond reason, "Then he can stay up all night and think about how his actions have consequences."

With that, he left the room with the full bags in tow and locked them in the shed outside.

Rachel hugged Ciel, promised she'd try to talk reason back into Papa and left as well.

Ciel sobbed into his pillow, he wanted to run away and find his real mummy/daddy or die trying.

His real mummy/daddy would never ever take away his toys or yell at him or make him sad.

Getting up to begin his escape, the teen felt a tendril wrap around his ankle, effectively stopping him.

That's when it all clicked in Ciel's head: he didn't need to find a mummy or a daddy.

He already had one!

Ciel reached down towards the shadowy appendage, "Daddy?"

Before he could touch the tendril with his fingers, a clawed hand that seemed to be made from the same shadows emerged holding Bitter Rabbit.

Ciel smiled happily and took Bitter Rabbit into his arms, hugging it closely, "Thank you, daddy!"...