the eyes i saw that day

⚠️TW: strong mental health issues

shinobu looked up to the sky.

it's going to rain.

how?

how did he change so much?

sure, five years can do anything to anyone but he really did a 360..

shinobu bit her inner cheek as she recalls.

"i don't know what happened to you but you've changed so much. how's nezuko? how have you been?"

"get out please. the interview is over."

"okay i will, but can't we keep in touch you know-

"GET OUT!"

"what is wrong with you?"

"five years ago was five years ago, now get out and stop sticking your nose into my life."

not only did he change, he stopped pausing between his sentence...

i don't think that's the point here shinobu.

"well! i got the job! so things are okay for now.." shinobu straightened up in excitement and got into her car.

now to fetch kanao...

                                        k

"kanao ah! here!"

kanao sheepishly lets the boy grab her wrist and open her palm as he puts in a little 5 yen coin.

"it's a lucky charm from me!" the boy smiles brightly.

kanao inspects the coin a little and nods. she feels a little warm looking at his smile.

"kanao! nee-san's here!"

"oh! your sister is here! bye bye!" the boy waved as kanao walks slowly towards shinobu, her cheek still a little pink as she feels the 5 yen coin in her palm.

"ara? who was that just now?"  shinobu asks as they both button up their seatbelt.

"friend....tan..ji..ro..." she replies.

shinobu instantly looked back, surprised.

"k-kanao, what did you say just now?"

kanao shakes her head, refusing to speak again.

shinobu smiles a little as she turns back to look at the road.

                                        s

it wasn't visible to kanao, but shinobu was sniffing hard while driving on the front seat.

the only thing that shinobu was worried about kanao was her being bullied in school.

kanao grew up normally like any other child, but something about her was different. no one wanted to be her friend or talked to her because of her timid behaviour. since then, she rarely talked.