Chapter 34

GISELLE

I blinked twice, my mouth parting slightly from shock.

He just said he loves me.

What in the world? Why is he telling me that now? And why is my heart actually getting excited?!

"You.. What?" I asked again, making sure that I heard him right.

The confidence in his face the first time he told me that suddenly disappeared before he looked away from me.

"I said it's getting late and we need to go back now," he answered.

I know that wasn't what he said but I guess his pride wouldn't let him repeat himself again. He was the mafia after all.

He said it himself 2 months ago.

I don't do love.

I nodded slowly before I pushed myself up and dusted my behind from the sand.

We reached the mansion silently. None of us talked.

The moment we entered, Domenico came out of Achilles' room and when he saw him, he sighed before he gestured something, pointing in a phone he was holding.

Achilles nodded too before he faced me.

"Rest now, baby girl. It's the big day tomorrow," he said before he followed Domenico back into his room.

That night, I cried myself to sleep, not caring if my eyes would look puffy tomorrow.

It's still hard to believe that Mrs. Mancini is now gone. She's no longer with me in this world and despite Achilles constantly telling me that it wasn't my fault, I can't help but think that if only I didn't left her alone that day, she wouldn't be dead.

It's so painful. She was the only one who ever understood me, stayed with me and loved me. She was the mother I never had, and now she's gone.

I wondered how Achilles is coping up with this. How he's managing to look calm and strong. How can he still wake up everyday and face the world like everything is okay?

I can't believe I'm actually worrying about his state. After what he did to me. After he violated me, hurt me, I'm still worrying about him.

How pathetic can I get?

It surprised me really, that the hate I felt towards him actually lessened.

Maybe because I blame myself for his mother's death? Maybe I pity him?

He doesn't need pity.

It was my inner self speaking.

Then why? Why am I feeling like this for him? Why am I suddenly concern about him?

This is so messed up! I'm so messed up!

•••••
GISELLE

It is finally my wedding day, but I feel miserable for two reasons.

One, I'm getting married to the man who hurt me and two, my heart is still grieving the death of Mrs. Mancini.

As expected, my eyes were red and puffy but thank goodness the make up artist that Achilles hired was so talented and made me look like I have never cried in my entire life.