Chapter 43

GISELLE

"I found her!"

Both Achilles and I turned towards Domenico who just entered the garden.

Achilles and I decided to take a morning stroll since I'm still too sore from what we did yesterday to do anything at all today.

"Who?" I turned to domenico who had dark circles under his eyes.

He looked so restless.

"The doña of the Constanzos," he replied and almost immediately, I felt Achilles' hold on my hand tightened.

"Let's go inside," I suggested and both Domenico and Achilles nodded.

The moment we entered the living room, Achilles ordered his men to guard the entrance and were given strict orders to not let anyone in.

When we were sure that no one is listening we all took a seat before I gestured for Domenico to continue.

"Her name is Allen Gianna, she's the daughter of Constanzo, she's not married yet so it's safe to say that Constanzo is still the Don, she's 27 years old and... "

"And?" Achilles asked when Domenico stopped talking.

He looked at Achilles before he looked at me with a worried expression.

"Abi, what's the name of your mother?" Domenico suddenly asked me.

I furrowed my eyebrows from the off topic question.

"What? Why do you want to know?" I asked back.

Domenico ran his hand over his hair. He looked so stressed.

"Just tell me her name, please!" He begged.

I looked at Achilles who was also looking confused before I looked back at Domenico.

"Marina, Marina Flores." I answered.

Domenico immediately froze as he stared at me wide eyed.

"D-Did your mother happened to be a... rape victim?" he stuttered.

Now it was my turn to freeze as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"How.. How did you know?" I asked back, my voice barely a whisper.

Domenico sucked in a breathe as he now massaged his temple like his head was hurting.

"What the fuck is happening Domenico?!" it was Achilles who lost his patience as Domenico beats around the bush.

"Achi... " he trailed as he now looks at him.

"Constanzo raped a woman before whose name is Marina Flores. Marina got pregnant and wanted to abort the baby but Constanzo didn't agree with her. He took it upon himself to make sure that the baby lives. The baby, she's... " Domenico slowly looked towards me.

Achilles also turned towards me. I saw how his mind worked and connected  everything piece by piece.

I felt my heart drop.

"M-My father is C-Constanzo.." I completed the puzzle.

I felt my lips part as realization dawned on me.