Chapter 39

GISELLE

"Wow! Do they have these in Uncle's edition? I wanna start reading one too!" Domenico said as he excitedly sat down beside Achilles on the sofa who was reading the pregnancy book.

It amused me to watch two, big and dangerous looking men cramped together sharing a book about pregnancy.

"Yo! Why is her stomach so big?" I heard Domenico whispered at Achilles while pointing at a picture in the book before glancing at my still flat stomach.

"You don't think Abi's faking her pregnancy don't you?" he whispered again making me roll my eyes.

Does he really think I can't hear him?

"Shut up!" Achilles warned before he hit Domenico's head with the book.

"Did you find out anything about the Constanzo's Doña yet?" I spoke causing the both of them to look at me.

Domenico cleared his throat, his face turning serious before he shook his head.

"I've done everything that I could. I even asked a few of my connections but I found none. She's like a ghost, she has no identity at all," he sighed before he massaged his temple.

It made me furrow my eyebrows too.

"How can she not have even a single record?" He whispered to himself again.

That is impossible.

"Moreover, how did they know about me?" I asked again.

"Well, you married a very successful businessman," Domenico provided, glancing at Achilles.

I shook my head.

"I have not seen a single tabloid concerning me with Achilles," I answered. "The media probably doesn't even know that he's married already," I continued.

"The ladies would go crazy once they find out," Domenico scoffed.

Somehow the idea of ladies going crazy over my husband doesn't appeal to me.

It feels weird.

"Then how else would they know about me?" I asked, leaning over the chair.

We were all silent for a little while before an idea suddenly came to my mind.

"You don't think... We have a mole, right?" I lowered my voice.

Achilles' jaw suddenly clenched.

"No one would dare," he stated.

"But we can't be so sure," I answered him.

Domenico nodded in agreement with me.

"Let's just watch our backs for the time being," he suggested and I nodded.

•••••
GISELLE

"What?! No it says 2 eggs!" Achilles stubbornly said, pointing at the recipe book.

"You, grab me another egg!" he commanded to Adrian, one of our mafia men that was stationed in the kitchen.

Adrian hurriedly went and grab another egg from the tray. Awkwardly handing it to his boss.