A party and a höt güy

I stood in the front row taking pictures. Mainly of my brother while he was singing. He was performing at a birthday party or some sort of party with his cover band 'Rock Candy', which is a very shit name but they're amazing. I don't think Vin named the band, if he did he has very bad ideas about band names. He probably would suck at song titles too, so it's a good thing the band is a cover band.

I loved photography and Vince was sure I'd get my "big break" if I photographed him and his group performing. I doubt that, but I did it anyways because he's my big brother. I'd do anything for him. I'd do anything to help him in any way.

I knew my brother had problems. Ever since we ran away from home when we were still in school. He had an alcohol problem, cocaine problem and a massive addiction to sex. He's my brother, so I tried to pretend I didn't know because it would crush him if he found out I knew.

I always looked up to my brother. He was my best friend because we had no one else. We learned to lean on each other when we truly needed someone. If we could handle a problem ourselves, the other wouldn't hear about it until it was over with. It probably wasn't the best method of dealing with things, I mean some of the stuff we dealt with alone we probably should have asked for help. However, that's just how we were, and it seemed to work for us. So, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

When he finished his performance he got off stage and hugged me first. Then he walked over to the bar to his whatever she was. I followed behind him and grabbed a cup of vodka. I slowly sipped on it when I saw a girl and Tommy approach Vin.

I smiled and instantly gave Tommy a giant hug. He hugged back and then told me to go meet his new band while he talked to Vin. He pointed them out to me and I was in awe. There was a really hot guy standing there awkwardly taking swings of a bottle of Jack. He was beside the bassist from that one band Tommy liked, London I think it was.

I nodded to Tommy and bit my lip as I walked over to them. The London dude eyed me up and down with a smirk and the hot guy just stared with an awestruck expression. I smiled lightly and eyed each one of them.

"Hello, Tommy's band mates. I'm Analyse Wharton. But you can call me Marnie Neil. Neil is Vinnie's middle name but he dropped his last name so I kind of adopted his name as my professional name. Anyways. Who are you guys?"

"Nikki Sixx. And this dude drinking all the Jack is Mick Mars."

I looked at the Nikki dude, "well, nice to meet y'all. Aren't you from the band London?"

Nikki's face contorted a bit in so many emotions it was hard to pinpoint which ones.

"Uh.. I'm so sorry, dude. Sometimes my mouth starts before my brain can tell it not to."

I felt so bad about what I asked. I was honestly a little embarrassed. I probably just fucked up Vince getting in a real band. I have to regain his chance. I hope this works.

"Hey, so if Vin joins the band, do you need a photographer or a promoter? I used to work as a model and photographer and I'm kind of looking for work. I worked with most small bands, but with Vin as vocals I see your group going big."

Nikki and Mick looked at each other. I couldn't read their faces. Nikki looked back at me while Mick stayed with his eyes trained on Nikki. Nikki looked in thought and was eyeing me up and down.

"Even if he doesn't we could still use your skill set."

"Sorry, the Neil siblings are a package deal. I would love to work with you guys, but if Vince isn't with me he gets clingy."

I let out a slight chuckle remember the last time I tried to go to a gig by myself.

~FLASHBACK~