Baby Leö

It was now October. I was in the bathroom of the apartment staring at the abundance of blood and mucus flowing from my body. It just wouldn't stop. The pain I've felt all day was worse at the moment, causing me to be doubled over and gripping my abdomen.

I didn't know who to yell at to come here. Mick was sleeping, Nikki didn't need to see me half naked, Kiri was nine months pregnant. That only left Vince.

"VINCENT!"

The yelling made the pain worse. The pain was so bad I started crying. Which also made the pain worse. Vince rushed in with only a shirt and shorts on.

"What is happening!? Are you okay?" He started to panic.

Rushing around like a mad man as he grabbed a pair of my sweat pants from Mick's room and woke Kiri up.

Kiri walk into the bathroom wearing a beautiful pale blue dress and looked me up and down.

"Did you miss your period?" She asked normally.

"I... I think so. It's not like I have a way or reason to keep track." I sobbed out. 

The crying got worse because the pain got worse. She walked away and calmed Vince down quickly. She walked into the bathroom and shut it. She pulled a big pad out from under the sink and handed to me.

"You were probably not far along, so you don't need to go to the hospital. Wear this and change it like a normal period. Just make yourself comfortable until the baby passes." She spoke softly.

I did as she told me and slowly stood up. Using Vince to steady myself. I let a cry of pain escape my lips in a sob. 

"Go lay down. I'll bring you a heating pad. Mick is probably worried about you, probably heard Vince running around crazy. He just didn't come out. So go." She stated softly as she walked to the kitchenette.

"How am I supposed to tell him this? I don't even think he wants kids right now. Let alone have a child dying before it could even live. But, how are you so calm? I feel like I'm dying."

She looked around to make sure Vince wasn't around, "I had a miscarriage while on tour. I hated losing the baby but the dad and I wouldn't had worked out, with me leaving the band today."

She had sadness in her eyes but a smile on her face as she rubbed her watermelon shaped belly.

"You need to tell him. He should know. Mick probably didn't want it to happen, but he would've loved that child like any of his others. They are his everything, and now you are too." She smiled at me.

I nodded weakly before weakly walking into mine and Mick's room. I lied down with a sob of pain from putting the pressure on my abdomen. Kiri walked in and handed me the hot water bottle as Mick looked at me.

"What happened?" He sounded worried.

I looked at Kiri. Pleading for help because I don't know how to tell him. I don't know how to tell him I'm pregnant, but won't be for much longer. I don't know how he would react either. I was terrified.

Mick sat up and lean against wall waiting for an answer. Kiri sat at the foot of the bed and look at both of us.

"Marnie started having a miscarriage this morning. She is in the first month or so, so it will pass on its own. Right now she just needs rest and reassurance. Mick it is not your fault, nor is it anyone's, so I don't want to hear anyone say it is."

She stood up slowly and groaned looking like she was in pain.

"Are you okay, Kiri?" Worry filling my voice.