Chapter 14

Hey, hey, hey. I'm back with another chapter for all you patient babes. I just wanted to mention that there's a slight Trigger Warning relating to anxiety. If anything like that bothers you, I'd understand if you skipped this chapter. Make sure you all are taking care of yourselves and never be afraid to ask for help whenever you feel you need it. Anyway, let's get onto the chapter.

It was bright and early in the morning when Khrys felt warm fingertips lightly graze her forehead before a palm rested there. She stirred a bit as she opened her tired eyes. Marshall's cerulean hues were peering back down at her, concern written in his features.

"Good morning." she rasped.

"Morning." Marshall replied, still looking every bit of nervous.

Khrys scooted over a bit, patting the newly empty spot next to her. She craned her neck, signaling Marshall to have a seat.

"Sit down, I don't bite."

Once he gave her another glance over, he sat down and turned so that he was facing her. He brought the hand previously on her forehead, up to her cheek as his thumb stroked the supple skin. After taking a deep breath, he decided to ask the question that'd been burning into his conscious for the last 2 and a half hours.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked, timidly.

"What?" Khrys shook her head at him. "I wasn't mad at you, Marshall."

"So why'd you get up and leave me in the room?"

"Because I needed some time to sort my thoughts. I was overwhelmed and rather than taking my frustrations out on you, I got up and found a safe place to relinquish my anger without offending you. I've never dealt with so much trauma in such a short time before so, I don't exactly know how to handle it. And I wasn't about to sit around and experiment either. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings." She reached out to place her tiny hand on top of his.

Marshall sighed, he could totally understand where she was coming from. She'd been through a lot within the last week and instead of acknowledging that, he automatically assumed that her fight or flight response had everything to do with him when it actually didn't. Now he did have his own personal sets of issues but that was no excuse for disregarding hers. If she just needed time to herself, he had to be willing to give it to her.

He caressed her cheek and then smoothly guided his hand down to her chin, urging her to look up at him. When she did, he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"I'm sorry baby, about all of the shit you've been going through. You shouldn't have to but, I'm proud of you for being strong. You're the most courageous woman I know."

Khrys felt a tear ease it's way out of her ducts. No one had ever recognized her strength before and if they had, she'd never heard anything of it. Marshall was great at comforting her and making her feel tough at the same time. It truly was a gift of his. And she could only help but to appreciate him for it.

"Don't cry." He cooed at her.

Marshall was hoping that Khrys would breeze through this funk she was in soon and return to the witty, sassy, fun-loving woman he first met. He'd love her in any and all aspects but he'd prefer her to be happy. She didn't deserve to feel like shit because of someone else's selfishness. He'd seen bad things happen to good people all the time, but this really put a dent in his heart.

"It's not because I'm sad. I'm just really grateful I have you."

"So, back to earlier. That's a no for the tour?"