Titanium

One-Shot request from dstroyr8nikh
Inspired by the covered song of 'Titanium'

**PLEASE ADVISE: This One-Shot may cause a trigger**

Cars are parked all down the street. People are hanging out on the front lawn with drinks in their hands. The front door wide open as others come and go. The sound of music echoes into the street, singing along with the loud laughter and cheers from classmates showing up. Barry parks the car then looks over at Caitlin. He can see her fidgeting with her hands while biting her lower lip, so he lets out a heavy sigh.

"Cait, we don't have to go. I told you I don't mind just staying in at your place, sitting on the couch watching a movie," he bargains.

She shakes her head, looking over at him. "No, it's okay Barry. We need to live outside our comfort zones sometimes. I'll be okay, just as long as you are by my side," she smiles, reaching for his hand.

He squeezes her hand after placing a delicate kiss on it. "Always," he breathes then leans over to give her a short yet passionate kiss on the lips. "I love you," he whispers on her lips.

"I love you," she whispers back then entwines her fingers with his hair to bring him back for one more kiss.

"Hey! The bedrooms are inside!" Iris laughs after knocking on the car window, scaring the couple. Barry glares at her while Caitlin covers her face with her hands from embarrassment. "Are you two coming or not?"

Barry rolls his eyes then looks over at Caitlin silently asking if she was ready. Her smile being the only answer he needs. He gets out to make a dash to open the door for his girl. She blushes in gratitude and takes his hand in hers when he offers it.

Iris admires the couple, happy for her two best friends. It had been a long time coming. The three of them have been friends since kindergarten. As they got older, she saw first hand of the two falling in love with one another - it was perfect. Now, as seniors, that love has blossomed. It's so cute that it's sickening.

"I haven't seen you two all summer and that's the welcome I get?" Iris sasses playfully.

Barry scoffs, "What do you expect? We were in the middle of something."

"Don't mind him, how was cheer camp?" Caitlin beams.

The trio walks and talks, catching each other up on their summer adventures. With Iris' position as the new head cheerleader, she took it upon herself to practice all summer long at an intense cheer camp in National City. Barry informs her of his gratuitous track training including the two-a-days his coach demanded from the whole team. However, he knew all this training was to prepare him for college scouts and he's praying one of them will offer him a full ride. All the while, Caitlin explains she has been studying and working on school work to get ahead for their coming senior year. Taking several dual credits and AP courses, she can't risk falling behind or failing. However, Barry comes over after every practice to convince her of taking a break. It was just yesterday they were discussing the party at hand by a classmate of theirs, who wanted to start the new school on the right foot, so here they are.

"I still can't believe Caitlin Snow is at a party," Iris teases as they walk through the threshold of the front door.

She smiles, shrugging her shoulders. "You and me both," she laughs. "I even surprised him when I asked if we should go," she explains, pointing next to her.

"What did you expect," he smiles, pecking her cheek. "My cute, reserved, homebound girl suggesting to go to a party is completely out of character. My mind was blown," he chuckles, nuzzling his nose against her cheek as his arms wrap around her waist to hold her close.