Crossing Bridges

"Sometimes you have to be strong when you feel like giving up, have to fight when you just want to run away, because sometimes it is all you can do to keep going." - Brigitte

Chapter 12

She ran around the corner of the park to finish her morning run. Looking at her watch flashing her ending time, she stopped and started walking to slow her heart rate back to normal again. As her usual morning routing she walked straight to a small corner of the park and started stretching her arms before stretching her legs.

Today, she had decided to run a little earlier than usual wanting to head back in time to see Syaoran's progress in his morning rehab. He had finally started limping on his own a week ago, his trainer started giving him bike training yesterday and today he was having his second medical checkup from the family doctor to see how his ankle was holding up.

Her watch beeped again reminding her of the doctor's visit to the house. Doing her final leg stretch, she got up from the ground and walked towards her car. The sun was just starting to show his rays through the mountains. It was such a beautiful sight to enjoy in the mornings but today she wouldn't be able to do so.

She started her car and headed to Li's house. After arriving and parking her car, she entered the house and went straight to the small gym at the end of the house. Entering the room confidently she searched for the one responsible of his training as usual. She looked around and saw Syaoran running on the bike already. She was quite impressed with his progress so far which made her believe his rehab was going a lot better than expected but she wasn't the one that could confirm that.

She was glad to see that Ryu was already there looking at Syaoran's ankle in the morning. Looking at her watch she noticed he was actually earlier than when he said he would be. It was no wonder why Xian trusted him a lot better than any other doctor.

"Ryu! I'm glad you're here already." She greeted him with a smile.

At her greeting, Syaoran looked thoroughly at her but didn't say anything. She was wearing knee length spandex and a training tank top which matched the pink line on her pants. Her wet ponytail let him know she had just arrived from working out.

"Ah, Miss Sakura, Is good to see you again. How have you been?" Ryu greeted smiling at her as well.

"I've been good. A little busy but I'm used to it by now. Have you had a chance of inspecting his ankle?"

The doctor nodded. "I did just a couple of minutes ago."

"How is he doing?"

The doctor looked at Syaoran and optimistically answered, "Well, you're doing better than I expected but that doesn't mean your ankle is ready yet."

"I know it isn't." Syaoran muttered a little bothered with the news.

The doctor chuckled and turned his sight to Sakura. Through his glasses he asked her, "Ms. Kinomoto, may I speak with you?"

She nodded and walked outside the gym with the doctor behind her. After getting out, she turned around to face him. The sight before her didn't bring any comfort as she watched him sigh taking his glasses off.

"What's wrong?" she asked him.

The door opened again and Choi came walking out as well. "If it has to do with Syaoran, I should be included in the conversation as well."

The doctor looked at Sakura for confirmation. She nodded as a sign of confirmation and waited for the doctor to continue.

"He is doing better than expected after two weeks of rehab but I'm afraid he needs to rest as well."