Chapter- 41 Tomorrow

Iris POV

One day to go. Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow is when we have to put an end to Philips game. His last breath.

I concentrated on the water coming out of the tap. I felt my hand harden as the water froze. Just like that.

I have made my first kill. I remember Zavian's words that day.

"If you want to survive a war you have to kill as many as possible."

I was born to kill. I looked up in the bathroom mirror. I felt myself smiling at me. I looked a lot different. Muscles developed. I looked stronger.

I splashed water on my face. I am going to do this. I have to.

I took a quick shower and dressed up. Everyone was practising hard. Day and night.

I went down for breakfast. Lauren was cooking today.

"Hi." I said as I took a seat. She turned and smiled at me.

"Where are Zavian and others?" I asked as I filled a glass of water.

"Went to bring weapons for us." She said. I nodded.

"Are you scared?" Lauren asked from nowhere. Did I stutter?

"What?" I said. I didn't expect that question.

"You are literally freezing everything in your hand." She chuckled. I looked down to see my glass of water frozen. I sighed as I placed the glass back.

"Yeah, I am scared. What if I couldn't freeze his heart?" I said looking down at my hands.

"We trust you." She said as she sat down with me.

"Have you killed anyone?" I asked. To my surprise, she nodded.

"I had to. A rogue was about to kill Kaden. So, I stabbed the rogue." She explained.

"What did felt?" I asked. She smiled at me.

"I was first depressed but later I understood everything.  In a world like this one have to kill to protect their loved ones." She said. Her words held deep meanings. She loves Kaden.

I would also kill if anyone is about to kill Zavian. I love him. I will do anything to be with him lifelong.

"We are home." I heard Kaden. Soon all the guys came in with Allison.

"Hi, babe." Zavian said as he hugged me. I felt his heartbeat against mine. I felt my eyes well up but I controlled.

"Hi." I said smiling at him.

"Okay, now. Who is good at knife?" Aiden asked clearing his throat.

"Iris." Lauren said. Aiden handed the knife to me. It was perfect.

"Bow and arrow for you." Aiden handed it to Lauren. She was good at aims.

"Now, first girls. Pick your gun." Kaden said as he arranged everything.

Only a single gun caught my eyes. It was small and hard. Screaming attention.

"I am taking this." I said as I picked it up.

"Are you sure?" Zavian asked worriedly.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked confused.

"That gun is difficult to handle and this is your first time using it." Zavian said and He lifted his gun.

"Ohh. I will practice." I said. He nodded. Everyone was done picking their gun.

"Zavian." I called him. He looked at me questioning.