❦ 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬 ❦

"𝑮𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒏 (𝑺𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒕)"
MAR | leo
APRIL 2020
Spelman 📍

"Mar, wake upppp. I'm hungry."

I tried to ignore her and close my eyes. Ali hadn't left since last week and I didn't want her to. I was more comfortable in my dorm when she was here. I just hoped the same for her.

"Man, since when do you wake me up to eat? You a big girl go make sum yourself." I put my hand over my eyes.

She jumped on top of me and that big ass pink bonnet came into my view. How could someone be so pretty even when they woke up?

"Marrrrr, we should make breakfast together. It'll be fun." She begged.

She needed to stop dragging out my name like that. The closer we got the less I wanted to hear my nickname come out of her mouth. It didn't sound right.

"Ali, stop talking like that. And call me Leo, that's my name."

"Awww, are you serious? Your name really fits you." She looked happy.

"Preciate it, ma. My close friends and a couple family members used to call me Leo instead of Mar."

"So where Mar come from?"

"My middle name is Amari."

"Ohhh, well my full name is Aliana, but my brother used to call me that more than anyone."

"I knew you'd have a pretty name."

"Ight, bud. Don't gas me. But come onnnn, let's go cook."

I rolled my eyes and got out of bed to follow her into the kitchen. A big ass baby.

She wanted to make Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. And after struggling a bit, they came out pretty good. I was just happy that Jay's fat ass wasn't there to eat up all the food.

"I have some classes today but when I get back I wanna pick up Via from school."

"Ight, come back here and we'll go together."

"Ight."

ALIANA | ali

I was walking from my classes to meet Mar back at the dorm. Before I left, he said he had to go handle something, so I was gonna wait from him if he wasn't there. If I could follow him around all day I would, but I can't. That's some clingy ass shit.

I should go be a city girl and that'll cancel it out.

"Yo, are you Ali?" A familiar looking girl stopped me on my way.

For some reason, I couldn't remember where she was from.

"Why?"

"Cause I heard you still fucking with my nigga." Oh this must be that Maya girl.

"Bitch, first off all, I don't go no nigga and neither do you. Cause if you're talking bout Mar, last thing I remember was you getting your ass beat back to back."