❦𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑾𝑶❦

"𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝑮𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒔"
LEO | mar
JUNE 2020
Atlanta 📍
It was finally the day of the Grand Opening. For the last month since the baby shower, I had been trying to make this as perfect as it could be. Me and Ali were here probably every other day or when she was at work and school, I would be here.

"Aliana! Come to the front! I'm finna open it up!"

I didn't want no damn ribbon cutting ceremony or nothing like that. I just wanted a chill sign that said 'Grand Opening' and for some of my nights to come by. That's it.

"Okay, gah damn! I'm here. You ready?" She came up next to me.

I nodded my head and began to turn in the 'open' sign. Ali recorded it with my phone and used hers to start a live.

"Y'all! My baby's store is officially open! So, come stop by and look at some shit if you into music.. No opps allowed, though." I got into the camera when I heard the last line. "That's on what?"

"God."

She shook her head at my answer and watched as people commented that they would stop by to look at some records and anything else they wanted to.

Ali ended the live and we went to sit behind the service desk. I was gonna need to hire some workers by next week.

The glass door's bell jingled, "Mar! Nigga, you actually did this shit, bro!" Demon's voice filled the room.

"Yea, nigga. You buying sum?"

"Yea, I needa a new speaker." He walked toward the left side of the store where the speakers were held.

When he came back, Demon set it on the counter and looked excited to pay for it. This dude was usually broke.

"See ya, Mar!" He yelled as he walked out.

All day there were friends, family,and strangers checking out my store. I felt accomplished. I felt like I finally made it. Even after all that I had been through, here I was selling music stuff with the help of my girlfriend. I was good now.

For the first day, I was already doing pretty good. I leaned against the side of the wooden wall behind the service desk. It was almost time to close up.

"Baby? It's nine. Do you wanna start locking up?" Ali asked me.

"Mhmm. This shit got me mad tired. I'm finna be a dead body tonight."

With my eyes closed, I felt small arms wrap around my waist and a head on my chest.

"I'm so happy for you." She spoke in a soft tone. If we weren't he only ones in here, no one else would've heard anyways.

"I'm just happy that you here with me." I caressed her face.

We unwrapped from each other's arms and started to close everything up. The only thing we needed now was Ali's purse.

Once she found it, we left and went to her place. To me, her bed would just be feeling better. Plus, it smelled like her.

We got in and the first thing she did was change out of her clothes and put on one of my shirts.

When I came back into her bedroom from going to the bathroom, she was laying in bed, almost asleep.

"Ali, get the fuck up. You don't got your bonnet on." Why was I more panicked than her?