Chapter 1

"Hey Reno, I need you to pull up the security cameras for the back of the restaurant for me from last night," Hawk tells me, entering the office where I'm reviewing the security cameras; Hawk owns the Italian restaurant, 'The Golden Knights,' where I work as his tech guy and bartender.

"Sure thing, boss man," I reply, pulling up the particular camera. "What time are we starting at?"

"After dark until morning," he replies, leaning his right hip against the desk with his thick arms crossed over his barrel chest.

Starting the video at dark, I let it play forward, asking Hawk; "What are we looking for exactly?"

"I think someone is taking used food from the dumpster, and I want to know who, so I can find out why," his deep voice vibrates from behind my head.

Nodding my head silently at him, as my own curiosity is peaked - who would be desperate enough to eat discarded food from a dumpster? Pausing the video as we see two young guys walk to the dumpster, while quickly checking their surroundings. The older one of the two then hoists the younger one into the dumpster, who then roosts around for scraps of food that he hands to the older one.

"Fuck," Hawk mutters, as we watch the scene unfold in front of us; the younger boy hands out scraps of un-eaten food to the older boy quickly before hoisting himself out, take half the load before they run off to wherever they were going to eat their haul.

"What do you want to do, Hawk? They need proper food as they are too skinny, and they look dirty, too, as if they haven't' showered or worn clean clothes in a while," I state shocked, as I turn to look at him.

"You, me and Tank are going to wait for them out of view tonight, and help them even if they refuse," he states firmly; that's one of the most admirable things about Hawk, is that when he makes up his mind, he doesn't take 'no' for an answer.

"Alright, 10 p.m. then?" I ask freezing the video on their faces - they're both attractive, but the older one more so. "I'll let Tank know what's going on."

"Thanks Reno, see you both tonight," he responds, clapping his broad hand against my broad back as he leaves the security office.

Colten's P.O.V.

"Colten, are we going back to that Italian resturant tonight?" my younger brother, Christian wonders, as we wander around our new home town of New York City.

"Yeah, but we'll have to find another place tomorrow night, so we're not caught," I reply taking in the strange beauty of the city; Christian nods in acceptance as his wide eyes take in our surroundings. We've been in NYU for three weeks now, and we've been gone from our hometown of Gary, Indiana for five weeks now.

By 10 p.m., we're back at the 'Golden Knights' resturant, waiting for the right moment for me to push Christian into the dumpster for him to pull out whatever's ediable for us to eat. We have a small amount of money that I've managed to steal from unsuspecting people who are not observant, but we're saving that for a hotel room for a night or two, so we can shower, sleep in a nice warm bed, and have ahot breakfast the next morning.

"Alright, come on," I whisper to him, gently pushing him toward the dumpster.

"Hoist me inside," he murmurs, grasping the edge with both hands, so I pick him up by his tiny waist and help him into the blue dumpster.

"Stop right there," a deep voice commands, instantly freezing Chrisitan and me; my head snaps to my right, where I find three bulky and intimidating men near us.

"Fuck," I curse under my breath. "Come on," I hiss at my brother, hoping we can out run these three hukling men, but utterly afraid we won't be able too.