Chapter 7

Medic: Get out of the way! We need Doc!

*Earlier*

I impacted with Jordan and the bullet struck the ceiling instead of Yumiko. I punched Jordan in the nose badly breaking it and heard the alarm go off because of the gunshot. He put the pistol to my head and I broke his wrist before he could do anything making him drop the gun. Jordan let out a scream of pain as I punched him several more times and pushed the barrel of his pistol up against his forehead.

Jordan: Do it and go to prison, murderer.

Shadow: Pro puritate terra. (For the purity of Earth.)

I pulled the trigger and watched as Jordan's blood spilled around his lifeless corpse. Several guards came in and saw the situation as my hands started to shake and I dropped the M45 Meusoc to the cafeteria floor. The noise of it hitting the tile rang out after the gunshot and I didn't move from where I was.

Shadow: Ego quoque occidit plurimos. Admissa scelera mearum. (I've killed too many. Atrocities committed at my hands.) Et tenebrae iam terminabitur. (The darkness has been terminated.) Me erravisse, in tenebris non pugnavit sunt. (I was wrong, the darkness can be fought off.)

I saw the blood expanding outward from Jordan's head and it reached my knees. I stood before his blood touched me and let it run as I turned around. Yumi ran and jumped into my arms so I held her there as I saw Six coming down the hallway with two heavily armed guards.

After seeing the scene, one rose his SMG at me while the other pulled a pair of reinforced handcuffed out and started approaching

Six: Stand down.

The guards lowered their weapons and holstered the handcuffs as Six walked to me and Yumi.

Six: I saw the cameras. You did the right thing.

I nodded and Yumi put her head under my chin. I left the room with Yumiko and walked throughout base still holding her.

Heavily armored guard POV

We stood by Six as he stayed in the cafeteria while Thermite's body was picked up. Neither of us talked as much as we wanted and the FBI Swat soon arrived. I saw someone who didn't look like FBI Swat being protected by the uniformed guards.

The group parted in the front to allow the VIP to approach Six

The group parted in the front to allow the VIP to approach Six. I kept my finger ready to move onto the trigger while the man approached.

???: You better get talking before a treason charge does the job.

We both rose our guns up to point at the suited man at the threat and the FBI Swat rose their guns at us. I knew our armor would stop the bullets so I was ready to push Six to the floor and shoot all of them.

Six: I wouldn't threaten me in my own base. You can't do anything here, this is the United Kingdom.

???: Explain why one of my men is dead at your base!

I moved my finger onto the trigger while taking my left hand and readying to get Six to safety.

Six: If you would not point firearms at me in my own base, I would explain.

???: Stand down.

After the FBI Swat lowered their weapons, we lowered ours and stayed on edge as Six walked to his office. We entered with him and two FBI Swat members did as well.

Six: Watch the security camera footage.

The suited man watched the encounter that I hadn't even seen yet and we heard Shadow speaking in Latin at the end.

???: I'll need this footage.

Six: Here you go.

Six handed over a flash drive and the man took it from him before leaving Hereford Base.

Six: Fucking prick.

*Timeskip 1 month. Shadow POV*

Our house was finished and we were flown to Tokyo with a security detail containing five men who were heavily armored resembling the guards that Six had. Our house was just as we spoke about with the balcony overlooking the forest I met Yumi at.

We got our stuff moved in and Yumiko sat me on the couch with something concealed in her hands