Chapter 8

Yumiko: Y/N, take a look at this.

Yumi showed me a pregnancy test which displayed a positive reading and I hugged her tight.

Shadow: How long have you been pregnant?

Yumiko: 1 month.

Shadow: I love you so much.

Yumiko: I love you too.

Shadow: Look right down there. Just a year ago, we met and look at us now.

Yumiko: Engaged with a kid on the way.

Shadow: I wish you could meet my father. He was a loving one.

Yumiko: You haven't met my parents yet.

Shadow: You're right, I haven't.

Yumiko: We could get them flown here so you can meet them.

Shadow: I'd prefer if we go to them.

Yumiko: Let's go then.

We went outside and got to a small, but humble house after a few hours of driving. Yumiko knocked on the door and a woman who I assumed was her mother opened it. We were in uniform for whatever reason and Yumiko's mother's face changed when she saw the "Shadow" displayed on me.

Missus Imagawa: Yumiko-

Yumiko: He's ok, mom.

We were let in and Yumi's dad didn't have a much better reaction.

Missus Imagawa: I missed you, Yumiko.

Mister Imagawa: How's it been?

Yumiko: I got honorably discharged so we'll get to see each other way more often now and I know you're questioning why Shadow would be here. I'll explain to you... We are engaged and expecting a baby in 8 months.

Mister Imagawa's face changed to be way more positive towards me while Missus Imagawa's face changed to worry.

Yumiko: Mom, don't worry. He's a good person.

Missus Imagawa: I'm sorry for doubting at all, but just the name gets me worried.

Shadow: I fully understand.

Yumiko: Y/N has been nothing, but good to me since we met over a year ago and has saved me countless times.

Shadow: You saved me too.

Yumiko: No, I did not.

Shadow: Ok, you got me there.

Mister Imagawa: If Yumiko trusts you, I trust you. Welcome to the family.

Missus Imagawa: I apologise for my doubts.

Shadow: I fully understand with who I am, Missus Imagawa.

Mister Imagawa: How long have you been together?

Yumiko: Nearly 6 months, but Y/N was in a coma for 4.

Mister Imagawa: What caused it?

Shadow: I stopped a truck full of explosives and they blew up which sent my vehicle flying with me still inside.

Yumiko: That saved thousands of lives.

Neither of Yumi's parents knew how to respond which was understandable and Yumiko told them how loving I was of her. After some talking, Yumi's parents trusted me a lot and were very welcoming and warm to me. Yumi leaned her head on my shoulder which made smile and put my arm around her. She told her parents how I have killed for her and nearly died for her.

Mister Imagawa: If you don't mind, please elaborate.

Yumiko: I had a boyfriend named Jordan, he was a piece of shit and cheated and whatnot.

Shadow: And he really hated me in particular since I got with Yumi and actually treated her good. After I woke up from my coma, we were eating and he got all aggressive towards me and pulled a pistol, but instead of pointing it at me, he went for Yumiko.

Yumiko: Y/N pulled something you would see in a movie and moved the gun to shoot the ceiling and killed Jordan with his own pistol.

Shadow: I also realized how many people I had killed, innocent and hostile, in that moment.

Yumiko: But I love you nonetheless... You're an idiot...

Yumi's parents got a surprised look when Yumiko said last part.

Yumiko: But you're my idiot and I love you.

Shadow: I love you too, Yumi.

We went home after spending the night with Yumi's parents and cuddled on the couch.

Shadow: I'm happy your parents like me.

Yumiko: Me too.