Destiny || Chapter 8

1985

Nicole "Nikki" Foster

As I waited for this night with Prince, a few of his employees knocked to enter my hotel room. These young ladies offered their prettiest smiles, acting as if I were going to Prom this evening. I blushed throughout, surprised by that adorable sight.

Now, I stood in the lobby, clicking the stilettos that Prince chose himself. He'd also somehow aced my shoe-size without asking me directly. I couldn't even think about fixing my own nails before one young lady on the style team actually gave me a hand massage. I ended up cheering with joy over new black and gold designs.

The additional make-up looked different from my own style, but I'd never complain about nude lipstick and light eyeshadow. Tonight, I turned back into the little girl who went into Momma's room and messed with cosmetics, even when not allowed.

For the outfit itself, Prince kept with my tradition and I could still rock black wardrobe. My curves shaped into this fitted and low-cut dress. Prince's style team had picked out three different pieces for me to wear tonight and I could choose something.

Hairspray teased my onyx curls as the air conditioning system cooled all around me. Even the bellhop noticed when I blushed to myself again. As one last surprise from Prince, I completed my look with golden earrings. Studs cost a fortune.

"Going out tonight?" The bellhop smiled. Just before I could give the obvious answer, my limousine pulled up outside. I couldn't even walk alone before hotel security trailed, as though asked by Prince to escort. Humored, I rolled my eyes.

Outside, my mouth then gaped as soon as Prince and I noticed each other. Leaning against the back door of this limousine, he looked me up and down with another rare smile, impressed. He'd switched entirely from his look from yesterday at my rehearsal. Even his famous curls cut and changed into this brand-new  hairstyle.

Despite the view of his completely different attire, I knew that his current outfit had clothed him perfectly

Despite the view of his completely different attire, I knew that his current outfit had clothed him perfectly. It was one of the few times when I witnessed Prince actually wearing some kind of suit. Even then, this man looked surreal and handsome.

"Hi," Prince greeted with another rare smile. I answered him back, of course. Silence fell as his driver led us back inside the limo. As this car left, music played up front. "Shortberry Strawcake" by Sheila prompted me to groove back here.

"Thank you so much for the makeover. Why did you pull out all the stops, though? I can play dress up all by myself." I laughed to myself, but Prince understood. We traded glances, cackling together before this man finally answered my question.

"When was the last time somebody surprised you like this? Don't count your birthday, either." Offering that low voice, Prince glanced towards me with those intense eyes once more. In truth, I couldn't even think of one particular memory.