Chapter 6

The demon lord showed me to his kitchen. Now I'm going to cook something wonderful.

Tick, tick, tick, done!

"Oh yes, that's very good. Oh, demon lord, it's done!"

"Oh, that smells delicious. It looks good, too."

Doesn't it, though? I think I outdid myself today. I guess cooking for someone else (even a demon lord) brought out the best in me. Whatever the case, now I'm ravenous.

"Let's hurry up and get the food over to the table."

"Allow me to set the table." Snap!

"Wow! You just snapped your fingers and instantly teleported my cooking to the table. That's great! It's like a magician's trick!"

"Well, I can do magic. Well, why don't we get started?"

"Yes, please, eat. Because I'm sure going to."

"I'll start with the soup, then."

He's eating it. Oh, yes! He's the only person (even if he is a demon lord and all) besides me to ever eat my cooking...

"Well? What do you think? I hope you like my soup recipe, I hope I hope."

"Yes, it's delicious."

"Oh good! It's got bits of fish and onions and mushrooms all mixed in, using my own recipe. Now if you like that, try some of this too."

"All right then, I'll try these vegetables... Yes, these are good too."

"Yes! And what do you think of this here?"

"That was delicious. Thank you. It seems a shame to think that none of the people in your own castle have ever eaten your cooking, Your Highness."

"Oh, I'm so glad you liked it. I wasn't really sure if it was any good or not, since no one's ever eaten it before. Now that you've eaten my cooking, though, I'm feeling much more confident. Just wait and see what I come up with next."

"Thank you. Now allow me to escort you to where you'll be staying for the next several days or so. It's this way."

The room he showed me to was completely covered in layers of dust.

"My apologies. None of the rooms in the castle have been cleaned, aside from those that I use myself. I had intended to clean up this room while you were eating. Instead, however, I was captivated by your cooking, and completely forgot my intentions in that regard. If you will wait just a few minutes, I will clean it up for you now."

" Hey, if I'm going to stay in this room, I'd just as soon clean it myself. And don't tell me that I can't do it because I'm a princess or some such. I already made dinner for us, after all. And seeing as how I'm not in my father's castle right now, I'd be much happier being treated like an ordinary girl, rather than a princess, you know?"

"I see. Very well, then, you can probably arrange your own rooms to best suit yourself if you clean them yourself. I will leave you to it, but if you need any heavy lifting done, don't hesitate to ask."

"Okay! I'll get started on the cleaning right away!"

A few hours later........

"Phew. All done. Oh, demon lord, I've finished cleaning up in here."

"What has become of this room? It's so polished that I can scarcely believe it to be the same room at all."

"I gave it everything I had. The garbage bag outside the door is full of blackened dusters as a result now. Is there any place where I can dispose of them?"

"I will dispose of them myself. You have surely gotten yourself dirty from all that cleaning. Feel free to have a bath."

"Yes! You sure are considerate, o demon lord. I feel so icky with all this dust and sweat on me. I'll have that bath right away."

To Be Continued