CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

It takes Lucca more than three hours to read Alexis' letter.

When he asked about Benenati he expected a brief explanation and no six whole pages of the programs, professors and subjects. Alexis is passionate about her career, now on her second year and successfully joining an investigation crew under one of the most famous professors there.

Lucca is marvelled by her enthusiasm. It's contagious. Alexis explains every single detail, adds a lot of supportive comments between the lines and there are apologies for the length of the letter I just couldn't wait to meet in person and tell you everything! Imagine my surprise when I got your letter, Alexis wrote just before adding a Lucca, I believe in you. Count on me.

Alexis' reassurance only increases the hopes but it isn't enough. Lucca is certain Pandora would do anything to get him into the Aurors Force one way or another. If possible, she would even send him away to conclude the training somewhere else. She also has a marriage planned; Alexis mentioned a planned visit for winter break. It seems, by her guess, her grandparents are hosting a huge party to test the Sallows into their traditions.

I hate this as much as you do. So I've been mingling with a Law student from Florence to get information, maybe there is a way we can get away from this mess.

Lucca doesn't want to fly too close to the sun. If the Ferreiras don't accept Lucca to wed Alexis, then Pandora would find another witch, even worse, someone in the United Kingdom such as the Greengrass. Breaking a deal isn't going to save Lucca from getting married to someone else. The results are uncountable, unimaginable. In the hypothetic case Lucca has to marry someone, he would like very much to be Alexis. Harry is not even an option, Pandora would rather cut her own hands than accept Harry into their family.

"Knut for your thoughts?"

Lucca returns his attention to Cho. She is done braiding her hair and waiting for instructions as the rest of the team is doing their respective laps around the pitch.

Lucca shakes his head and tugs her to the centre of the pitch. "Dives are Harry's speciality. His control over the broom is natural — don't make that face, I'm talking about Quidditch.

Cho grins wider, quirking her brows innocently.

Ignoring her silent sniggers, Lucca draws his wands to the wooden balls he found on the captain's cupboard. Cho's smile falls as Lucca's own grows. Excitedly, Lucca casts the charm he has been practising over the past week and the wooden balls rise in the air. They float nearby, waiting for Lucca's commands.

"You need to learn how to dive," and from his pocket, he pulls a baseball cap. Cho takes it, uncertainty in her eyes. "Put this on."

"Why?"

"It will block your sight."

"You're joking."

Lucca crosses his arms, very serious. "Last year, we only won because Harry was forbidden to play. Now he is back and he is captain, he'll surely come for all of us."

Cho sighs, defeated, and puts on the cap.

"Try to look up."

She tilts her chin up and an invisible force tugs her down, Cho frowns, trying again. She fails. Lucca smiles at his own cleverness. Well, not exactly his own cleverness as it was Aurora's idea to use a cap to train Cho.

Clapping his hands, Lucca orders her to mount of her broom and without hesitation, he charms the wooden balls to chase after her. Cho screams several insults whenever the cap pulls her down, forcing her to dive, and Lucca is too pleased with himself to care if this can be considered torture.