CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Lucca is overwhelmed.

He feels weird, suddenly aware of his own body and his new life. He cringes at it, he loathes himself. He can't continue listening to the different voices in his head, he can't take any more memories. His heart aching, his stomach knotting. Lucca doesn't want to feel anymore. He is so tired of running away from everything; his memories, his visions, his life now, his life then. Past, present and future together with him, in his head.

Lucca doesn't know who he is anymore. Is he the Lucca who was sorted into Slytherin, who fought in the war and was trying to be the perfect son? Or Lucca who is useless, can't do things right and suffered from the attack of an old "witch"? Who is Lucca Sallow? Why is he there?

He doesn't know what to do when he wakes up, or if he wakes up... Lucca wonders if he is dead. But he can't be dead, right? He hears voices in the distance and the combination of potions leave a trickling sensation in his nose.

It's hilarious. Lucca just had to end in the most fuckup, strangest and twisted situation no other wizard had faced. And all because of his egoist desire to bring his sister back to life with a broken time turner (because there is no other explanation on why that thing threw him back in Argentina, being an eight years old boy, fully aware he is from the future). There is a reason why the Sorting Hat said he wasn't meant to be a Gryffindor.

Lucca Sallow Giordano wasn't born a hero .

He wonders if the universe is testing his limits. He is a true believer of destiny, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Coming in neutral terms with his inner eye it's also accepting that yes, destiny exists and it's there to ruin him. He crossed paths with Regulus and Felicia for a reason, he was back in time for a reason. He can't remember much, he is confused between what it is and what it was.

Stuck in a timeless state doesn't help. How long has he been asleep? What is happening around him? Why can't he wake up? Why does everything hurt?

Lucca wants to know if Milan and Venice are alright. The last thing he remembers is being with Harry and then Felicia came, she said that Moody knew. Knew what? Moody knew Lucca is aware he is an impostor, what if he attacked Milan or Venice. Maybe Crouch took advantage of them being alone and – Harry! Harry is in danger too!

Lucca remembers it. Cedric's death. The beginning of everything.

The last task is the end of the road. Crouch didn't want to kill Harry through the tasks, he wanted him to win the tournament because Voldemort is there. Voldemort wants to kill Harry.

Lucca can't let that happen. Harry will get away but Cedric — fuck. Lucca remembers vaguely what happened after the tournament. Cedric died, Voldemort was back, none believed Harry. He needs to warn him. Lucca needs to save Harry.

When Lucca wakes up he needs to contact Dumbledore as fast as possible – if he wakes up.

Hurts to think about it but... the truth is that Lucca is lost again. He can't be sure where he is, did Harry take him to the Hospital Wing? How many days and hours passed? Will it be too late?

Dumbledore once said they must choose between what is right and what is easy. His speech during Cedric Diggory's memorial sounds in his mind, Lucca can't remember the words perfectly. But he remembers how after that, he decided to work harder. To protect his family, to protect himself.

Lucca needs to wake up to do the right thing again.

Calling the magic running in his veins for help, he feels the pain and is aware of his surroundings.

Sighing, Lucca fights to open his eyes or move his limbs. He feels tired and numb. It takes time, he isn't strong enough. The potions, the spells, the magic in the air. All taste like dry herbal medicine and bitter fruit syrup. But he is persistent. Fluttering his eyelids, Lucca fights against the drowsiness.