Chapter 3

Lion left the area after a few minutes and I did as well as to not disturb the Marines while guarding Mr. Kloet. I went back to my dorm and Zofia started on me instantly.

Zofia: Where have you been?

Ela: I can't even leave my room without being interrogated?

Zofia: I saw you go to the Marines.

Ela: And?

Zofia: They're not the type to become friends with... Well not them at least.

Ela: What do you think is so wrong with them after I worked with them for a few months in Afghanistan?

Zofia: People change, Ela.

Ela: Y/N is the same person I met in Afghanistan. He's just sworn revenge for his fallen teammate.

Zofia: The need for revenge gets people killed.

Ela: And so does being protective, but you don't want to talk about that, do you? Maybe that's why I defend and you attack. I don't even like being near you here. Why do you think I'm gone from our dorm for the majority of the time?

I left my dorm and went to Monika's which I found her not there so I went to the cafeteria. Monika was eating so I joined her at the GSG9 table, my recent sitting place.

Monika: What's up?

Ela: Zofia is being herself again so I came here when I didn't find you at your dorm.

Monika: Just let yourself in next time.

Ela: Alright.

I talked with Monika in the cafeteria for a while even after we both ate, we decided to stay there for some odd reason. Y/N came in at about 2 PM and sat down with the other Marine he was with at the cell block. Monika must've seen me looking because she nudged my shoulder.

Monika: Go talk to him.

Ela: He's with one of the other Marines.

Monika: Didn't you meet them all in Afghanistan?

Ela: Only talked to Y/N since he's the squad leader.

Monika: They seem to all be friends which could be a good and a bad thing for a squad leader.

Ela: I imagine it's mostly good.

Monika: I would assume so because if your team knows you well, they can make decisions that could save your life or theirs... You should really go talk to him.

Ela: Why?

Monika: Have you not noticed his tone change around you? He has a stern tone around everyone except you and his Marines.

Ela: You're right. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

Y/N was occasionally glancing around the cafeteria for his duration of time spent in the room. I assumed it was just being cautious as this was still a new environment for him. When he stood up, he lowered his mask back over his face and checked to make sure a round was in the chamber of both of his weapons. After leaving, I heard running footsteps and several gunshots down the hall so I checked. Y/N was standing near the body of a fucking wolf as several more operators came into the hallway.

Y/N: Fucking bastard.

Y/N took the carcass outside into the woods and left it then went to his barracks without even paying one bit of attention that I was following him. His Marine was sent to the infirmary for the wounds sustained by the wolf that somehow got on base let alone inside the building and I went to my dorm where Zofia thankfully wasn't there, but soon got there.