Chapter 8

Roach: What's wrong?

Ela: My ex just texted me saying how easy I was to replace.

Roach: Come with me.

I brought Ela to the recording room and sat her down.

Roach: I have an idea that will require your help.

We got to work and finished the song in a few hours.

After getting it posted, I took a picture with Ela, masks on of course, and posted that on my Instagram. Not 10 minutes after posting, the news reported it.

Reporter: Roach released another new song? This one is called Death Bed and has the assistance of an unknown female in singing the song. This is Roach's first known collaboration between anyone and the secondary person has not been stated yet. Death Bed states that Roach wishes to be someone's husband, but won't make it off this bed and when I leave this Earth hoping you'll find someone else.

Switching the channel off, my DMs flooded with people thinking I was dying and realized how the song sounded so I made a post.

"Death Bed is a figurative speech stating mental disfigurations and traumas. I am in no way literally dying so no worry is needed. The unknown female will remain anonymous unless she request her identity to be released. Even then, only the first name of said woman will appear."

Ela: Got people pretty rattled.

Roach: I didn't really think of how it sounded with no context.

Ela: Me neither.

Roach: Hey, you did really good.

Ela: I think so.

Roach: It really brings the whole thing together.

Ela: Zofia is going to flip when she finds out about the song and the two  pictures you posted.

Roach: What about me saying "mental disfigurations and traumas"?

Ela: She's not going to like it one bit... Are we going public?

Roach: Yeah, why not?

Ela: I'd be glad to.

Roach: That makes two of us. Do you want to go eat?

Ela: Let's get going.

Ela ran ahead of me and stopped.

Ela: Come on, slow poke.

Roach: I'm coming. Why are you in a rush?

Ela: Because I'm hungry. Come on.

Roach: Ok, ok. I'm coming.

Ela waited for me and we walked hand-in-hand to the cafeteria. Sitting down, I saw Zofia walking over.

Zofia: Can we have a talk?

Roach: About whom or what?

Zofia: You already know.

Roach: Take a seat.

Zofia sat down across from Ela and me. Ela was very close to me to the point of the entire sides of our bodies were touching and Zofia didn't seem happy. She basically told me to stay away from Ela which in response, we both got closer to each other which made Zofia angry. Ela put her arms around me so I did the same thing to her which caused more anger to emit from the oldest Bosak sister.

Zofia: Stay away from Ela.

Ela: Does Y/N need to pick me up for you to understand that we are together?

Zofia stayed quiet for a few seconds before speaking.

Zofia: Fine, I'll allow this.

Roach: You would've had to get over yourself either way because I don't plan on leaving Ela because she has a bitch for a sister.

Zofia:...

Roach: Is that all?

Zofia got up and left the room as we continued eating.

Ela: I love you.

I was really caught off guard, but relieved at the same time.

Roach: I love you too... I have an idea for when we're done.

We finished eating and I led Ela blindly around base until I took her outside.

Ela: What are we doing?

Roach: You'll see just keep following me.

Ela walked up beside me and we instinctively grabbed each other's hands.

Roach: Parce mihi quoniam ego sum Deus ad peccatum.

Ela: What?

Roach: Nothing. We're going for a walk.

Ela: Ok.

When we were done, we went back inside and Zofia did not look happy as we walked by hand in hand.

Ela: Where to?

Roach: Up to you.

Ela: Barracks.

We went to my bunk and I needed to get some work done on a song so I did that. Getting some good progress done, I listened to what I had and realized it had been three hours. I went back to my bunk and saw Ela asleep so I joined her.

Ela: I have an idea.

Roach: I'm listening.

Ela: Follow me and you'll see.

Ela took me to her dorm where Zofia was not at and locked the door.

Ela: We have a few hours since my sister got called for a mission.

Roach: Are you-

Ela pushed me onto her bed and things... Happened...