Chapter 6

*Timeskip 2 weeks*

The last two weeks had been torture... quite literally. We were captured and Loklbeg survived his wounds. As a White Mask came in the room to torture us more, he was interrupted by gunshots. After he left the room, we could do nothing except sit there since they had us tied with multiple restraints in multiple locations. The gunshots were nonstop for several minutes until an explosion followed by silence. The next thing I knew, the room we were in was being breached and we were untied. Standing up, I saw five operators from Team Rainbow Six and Ela came forward from the group. We gave each other a big hug as the other operators watched. I cloaked and my squad did as well which caused the operators to step out of the room.

Ela: Are you ok?

Roach: I'm good. We're all good. The asshole got away again.

Ela: You'll get him.

All: Oorah.

Roach: Let's get the fuck out of here.

Getting on our helicopter, Ela sat next to me and hugged me again. Using cloak, my squad glanced over and then looked back ahead at the other operators. Monika was there and looked where we were, grinned, and looked back at her phone. I got a text and assumed it was her, but didn't check at the moment. I grabbed my phone after Ela had let go and saw a text from Monika.

Monika: Ask her out.

Roach: Why?

Monika: She talked about you nonstop for two weeks and stressed so much.

Roach: Good to know.

Monika: Do you have feelings?

Roach: Since I met her.

Monika: Ask her out, she has too.

Roach: I will when we're back.

Monika: She'll be happy.

I waited out the flight and went to my barracks when we landed.

Roach: Hey, Ela?

Ela: What's up?

Ela said yes to a date and we came back to base afterwards. Ela gave me a hug and I cloaked to hug her back.

Ela: You don't have to cloak.

Roach: I prefer to.

Ela: Why?

Roach: No reason fully.

Ela: Just reputation?

Roach: I guess so.

Ela: It would hurt your reputation?

Roach: Not that I know of. My thought process is just weird.

Ela: I need to go to my dorm for a few minutes.

Roach: You want me to come with you in case Zofia does anything?

Ela: If you would, please.

Roach: Yeah.

Zofia instantly started when Ela stepped in, but didn't know I was there since I was cloaked.

Zofia: You've been gone for a while.

Ela: And it's not your business.

Zofia: Why are you dressed up?

Ela: Once again, not your business.

Zofia: Where did you go?

Ela: Don't worry about it.

Zofia: With who?