1

Dev's POV
Here I am staring into my stepbrother's deep beautiful blue eyes when suddenly there was a doorbell interrupting our eye contact. Apparently Lucas was dress casually just to come meet his new family. He wears band shirts and has ripped skinny jeans which really makes him look hotter than it should be. I've seen them before my mother passed away and I could never forget that day.

*flashback*
"Mom? Are you sure you want to go to the concert in this condition?"

"Yes hon. If it means the world to you..."

"Okay just tell me if you're getting nausea so we can go to the hospital right away. I love you!"

"I love you too and I bet you wouldn't want to be late for meeting luke hemmings?"

We arrived at the Forum and went to the entrance in which 5SOS were going through so I can hug all of them especially luke. Everyone was pushing so I lost mom in the crowd. I tried looking for her so I didn't even know that I went past the barrier. I yelled for her but there was no answer over the loud screams of the fans. I accidentally bumped into someone who I exactly knew who it was.

"Sorry."
"No problem and perhaps you look a little lost..."

Then I turned around to see luke standing in front of me talking to me. I was appearently in the state of shock so I just stood there looking like a stupid person until Calum showed up. I couldn't speak or talk to any of them so I was in awe just waiting for them to say something. Someone grabbed my attention who was saying that a lady just died and they can't find her pulse. I immediately thought about mom and got more scared that I forgot about luke and calum trying to help me find her. Right when I went up to the lady on the floor i saw the face and it was mom. I couldn't believe she just passed away like that. Then I felt giant hands on my shoulders then I called the ambulance to come and pick up my deceased mother.
*end of flashback*
I wanted to start crying infront of them but I knew I had to stay strong for mother. She would want me to move on with my life rather than just mourn about her death. I honestly thought mom would be okay but I knew she just wanted to make me happy. Instead of crying I just hugged Liz tighter that ever because she could be my new best friend.

Dad answered the door and there was a mob of reporters trying to get information about the new family. Dad and I talked it out that we would be taking Hemmings as our last name so I would be Devonee Hemmings just like in my dreams but being Mrs. Luke Hemmings instead of being his sister. Liz and Luke accepted so we are now the happy hemming family which I hope will be happy. I hope luke and I will get along other than being akward because we already meet each other.

He saw me see the hurt in my eyes when mom died so I understood how he felt when Andrew died. I almost wanted to kill myself because I thought it was my fault for my mom having a heart attack just to meet 5 Seconds Of Summer. I got bullied because I didn't have two parents and sometimes dad didn't even come home from work so I pretty much lived on my own for a couple of years. If Liz makes dad happy then I guess I'm happy too. I asked luke about Ben and jack.
"They don't really talk anymore since dad died..."
I felt so sorry for luke because Andrew was his father and Luke didn't grow up the same like the other members of the band because he only had one parent. I knew how much Andrew meant to them because it was the same way I lost mom. Luke is starting to feel like my best friend by having the same feelings about life and had that time where you believed that it was your fault that your parent died.