Prologue

Characters:

Miyu Kurogane

Kujiro Takenaga

Kenshin Oda

Hirotaro Sakamoto

Haru Madarame

Takano Kidomaru

Reno Sasaki

Kotaro Sojiro

Rikuo Kiseki

Nobunaga Hotogi

-------------------------------------

Life remains fragile as it had always been. But as long as there's honor, we assassins risk everything. Even our lives. But not our loved ones...

"Father! Father!"

"Miyu!!"

"Mother!"

As I ran towards our burning castle, I felt the giant flames against my skin and heared my people's screams and agony shrieks in the doom-covered nightsky. Father, Mother, where are you? I'm scared...

I'm...scared...

It was chaos around me, and as I reached the courtyard, I saw thousand bloodsheds caused by our enemies. I was in the middle of a rampage when suddenly my father, a great Shogun, jumped behind me and brought me behind the bamboo forests where we stood invisible in the battle.

He rested me down and cleaned my face with his bloody hands.

"Poor Miyu... You must be tired."

"Father, where's Mother?"

"She'll be alright, " he assured with a rough, tired voice,"Miyu, you're still young. You musn't die."

He looked upon me in a sad face. He suddenly removed his crest from his neck and handed it over to me. "Show this to the assassins to the south, in Osaka. They'll know what to do with it."

"But, Father, I--"

"Please dear daughter... Run!!"

He pulled me up and pushed me away, letting me roll away to the river deeper in the bamboo woods. And as I landed in the riverbank, I tried to stand up and shouted,"Father!!"

Suddenly, I saw torches and enemy soldiers came rushing towards my father. As I tried to climb up again in the steep moss cliff, I heard Father grumble in pain. I heard a sword pierce through some flesh, like something was cut off. I continued, and my father's decapitated head rolled down passing me.

It was horrible.

No!! Father!! He's dead... Dead..."

I cried quietly and stopped for a moment. I felt heavy in my chest, and slowly climbed down the moss cliff. I landed softly in the riverbank and picked up my father's head...

Father... I'm sorry... I should've come earlier... You could have been saved. We should have been able to save Mother either. I'm... so sorry.

I left and ran deeper towards the small road to the south. I felt unrestful and uneasy, let alone to only have tattered clothes and this Yin Yang crest my father gave me. And as for my mother, I never saw her again, nor remember her face or voice...

My disrupted honor I shall reclaim... by the hands of mine I shall kill my enemy. I shall vow to do so.