Episode 5: Turning Nineteen

It has been a week and four days since Miyu joined Kurokazeshuu.

As usual in the morning, I am wiping my swords clean. Suddenly, Takano came into my room.

"Come to the living room, Kujiro. Kenshin is calling all of us for urgent matters."

"Oh, okay. I will be there in a second."

He left the room. I stood up and organized my swords. And then, I went to the living room.

"Now that everyone's here, listen to what I'm gonna say."

"What's all the fuss about?" Rikuo asked raising one eyebrow.

"Today, Miyu is turning nineteen. It's her birthday..."

"That's great!" Kotaro happily gestured. "So, what do we do?"

"Shall we open up a fiesta or something?" Reno suggested. "'Cause I'm good at organizing one."

"No, it's not like that." Kenshin hesitated.

I didn't care much what the meeting was about. I just crossed my arms and stood; not paying attention at all. Duh... I thought it was 'urgent'.

Suddenly, Kenshin patted my shoulder and said, "Right, Kujiro?"

"Huh... What?" I asked, absent-minded.

"As usual, train her today until dusk." Kenshin winked.

"Sorry, I'm not up to your schemes right now. I have a work to do today at the north so I can't train her today." I said, excusing myself out. But the thing is I lied so I totally don't have to baby-sit.

"Too bad, I can see that you're lying." Hirotaro claimed.

"I just don't want to have anything to do with her, okay?" I angrily stated.

"How about you, Kotaro?" Haru turned to him.

"Uhhmmm... Okay... But how do I stall her until then?" He nervously stated.

"Go on a date?"

"No."

"Do all the town's laundry?"

"No."

"Hunt bugs in the forest?"

"No."

"Go fishing?"

"No."

"Slack off?"

"No."

"Go to the market?"

"No."

"Rob people?"

"Stop it, Rikuo! Those are all terrible idea!! Especially the first, second and the sixth." Kenshin angrily said.

Boy... This is gonna take a while...

Miyu then entered the room when Kotaro automatically started to stall her.

"Good morning, everyone. I brought the-- Whoops!!" Miyu dropped the grocery.

"N-No! Don't come in here!!" Kotaro abruptly picked up the grocery and puts them inside while blocking the door. "L-Let's go dati-- I-I mean fishing! No! Hunting!! We're gonna go hunting!"

"H-Huh? O-Okay then... I guess?" Miyu answered, putting a strange reaction.

This is a horrible day. I'll just ditch 'em.

I was about to skip when Hirotaro pulled my sleeve. "Hey!!"

"And where on earth are you going? You have a part to do for this too, you know?" He bossingly said to me. "And it is very important."