dix

namjoon walked up the stairs to seokjin's apartment. he had his hands in his pocket and a small smile as he walked to seokjin's apartment number, remembering the previous messages between them when seokjin told him. he walked down the concrete path and looked at each door before stopping in front of one with a brown welcome mat in front of it.

he knocked on the door an waited patiently. the door swung open revealing seokjin. namjoon smiles looking down at the gorgeous man in front of him. 'how could someone be this beautiful?' that thought came to his head a lot when he saw seokjin. they both smiled at each other for about 30 seconds before namjoon finally spoke up.

"you look beautiful seokjin." he said reaching out his hand for the older. he watched the blush fill seokjin's cheeks before seokjin took ahold of his hand.

"you don't look too bad yourself." seokjin said, looking down at their hands. namjoon chuckled before taking him to his car. he opened the door for the older and helped him inside.

namjoon got inside of the car and started it up. seokjin looked over at the brunette, looking at all of the tattoos and scars that were previously covered up by the jackets he would usually wear. he wanted to ask but didn't feel like he had to right to know just yet.

"the ride may take a minute so get comfortable." namjoon said while starting up the car. he started driving getting on a highway, in a direction to leave the city. they made small talk, quickly getting more and more comfortable with one another.

they laughed and talked on their long journey towards the restaurant. namjoon listened to the man go on and on about his love for cooking and food, he felt his heart swell just looking at him with bright eyes. he could easily tell that seokjin had a passion for food and cooking.

"you might have to teach me how to cook one day. i can't cook for the life of me." namjoon jokingly says while looking at the older. seokjin smiles brightly while nodding.

"i would love to teach you how. it would be nice to see you in a kitchen." he says while leaning on his hand and looking at the man's tattooed arms. they were close to the restaurant when seokjin looked out the window.

the buildings were old and rundown, sort of giving the impression that no one had been there for a long time. he felt his heart rate pick up as he started thinking the worse. namjoon pulled up in a dark alley and parked.

"we're here." namjoon says while unbuckling his seat belt. he gets out and walks around the car to seokjin's door. seokjin bites his bottom lip feeling his whole body tense up. he was scared.

why were they in a dark alley? this doesn't look like a place someone would take another person for a date. was he about to get killed, kidnapped, sold to the black market? namjoon opened his door and reached his hand out to let the older out. seokjin hesitantly placed his hand in the younger's and stepped out of the car. they walked up to an old rundown building and namjoon opend the rusty door.

"n-namjoon, what are we doing?" seokjin asked as they walked through the old dirt filled hallway. the place stunk of mold and had random wooden boards lying on the floor. seokjin swore he saw a rat run across the hallway.

"trust me. you're safe with me." namjoon said as they approached a green and red old door. the door was metal and the doorknob seemed broken. namjoon knocked on the door and received a knock back. from the other side you can hear a woman's voice saying 'what's the code?'

"black roses bloom beautifully in the dark." namjoon says while pulling seokjin closer to him. after a second the door pulled open revealing a beautiful old bar.

"wow." seokjin said lowly while walking into the room. the place was beautiful all around. it had an old feel to it, a woman with a black skin tight dress was singing on the stage in the corner while a man played the piano. the place was filled with people either at the bar or sitting at their table waiting to be served or eating their foods.

namjoon wrapped his arm around seokjin's waist and lightly pulled him towards a table that the waitress showed to them. seokjin was still looking around in awe at the place before he finally spoke up.

"what is this place?" he said looking at namjoon with bright eyes. he loved the feel he got from the place. it was secluded and cozy. the bar didn't have many people cluttered around it trying to get drink after drink. everything was classy and neat.

"it's a speakeasy. a hidden bar used in prohibition times in the states." namjoon says smiling, loving the in awe look seokjin had. he was happy. happy seeing seokjin right now. there's just something about him that makes him feel complete and comfortable. he couldn't explain it. but he liked the feeling.

"this place is beautiful. who's the girl singing, she has a beautiful voice." he says watching the woman with light purple hair and skin tight black dress sing her heart out. she was earning the attention of everyone in the room, owning the mic like it was meant to be hers all along.

"her name is chaeyoung but she goes as rosé. she's been singing here for the longest." namjoon says looking at her too. she finished the song and walked off stage and into the back.

"how do you know about this place?" seokjin asked, looking at namjoon who laughed at him.

"you ask a lot of questions don't you." namjoon says jokingly, earning a blush from the older. seokjin looked down and played with his fingers, embarrassed as he recalled all the questions he previously asked.

"it's fine, i actually own this place. it was my fathers before he passed and it got handed down to me." namjoon says tapping the menu. seokjin mouth drops hearing about namjoon's father.

"oh my g- i'm so sorry for asking." he says quickly feeling terrible about bringing up his past. namjoon chuckles before reaching over the table and grabbing seokjin's hand.

"you're good, i'm fine with it. not fine with his death but i've come to terms with it." namjoon says, quickly correcting himself. seokjin smiles, squeezing namjoon's hand and picking up the menu.

the date went on like that, through talking about small parts of their past and their lives, getting to know each other more and more. they shared smiles and jokes, namjoon quickly learning of seokjin's love for dad jokes.

though the jokes, to some people, were terrible they still laughed at them like it was funniest thing ever. the night was airy and light, namjoon could say this is the most he has smiled in a whole decade. seokjin saw through the tattoos and hard frame namjoon put up, truly he was just a regular man who needed someone to comfort him. and seokjin wanted to do just that...