Prologue

Guys please check the TW in the description!
Please do not read if you will be triggered, I don't want to harm any of my readers.
Thank you.
———————————————————————————————————————

Prologue

You stepped through the doors and were met with a far to familiar smell. It hadn't been your first time here, but you hoped it was your last.

You walked through the lobby along side your mother and pressed the up button for the elevator. You waited impatiently, wanting it to come as soon as it could. The sooner it came the sooner you'd get there, and the sooner you'd get out. That's how you thought about it anyway.

The elevator opened up and you and your mother walked through.

It felt odd being there again. In that place, in that elevator.

You pressed the button for floor #4 - the adolescences psychiatric ward.
Your stomach dropped as the elevator started to go up. You really hated elevators and the small amount of space in them - most of them anyway. but you did like the glass elevators where you could see everywhere around you.

You liked heights and liked being able to look down while you went up - but right now you felt, stuck. You felt like time was going in slow motion, not even half the speed it would normally go. If you didn't know about your anxiety and claustrophobia you could have sworn it was somebody's quirk doing it, but you knew you, and you knew it wasn't.

The elevator made a ding sound as it reached its floor.

You let out a sigh of relief as the doors opened up and quickly ran out, turning around to wait for your mother who was taking her time.

You pouted as you continued on without her and started to walk closer to your destination.

She really wasn't that far behind you, but you wanted to hurry and get checked in so you could just take a nap. You really would have rather'd that it was in your own bed though.

You skipped up to the front desk and gave her your name and birthdate.

"I know hun, you've been here more than a few times." The receptionist said as she turned to your mother to give her some paperwork for her to fill out for you.

You looked around the room to observe the little changes since your last stay - which was about three months ago; the start of your second year of middle school.

The old clock had been changed to a much newer one that actually worked, there was a couch on the left side next to a window and there was a boy with ash blond hair, wearing a yellow shirt and pants, siting on it.

You tilted your head wondering what he was doing out there considering most patients had to stay together with the staff.

You walked over and decided to sit down on a chair a few feet away from him. You looked out the window to see the snow falling but melting as soon as it hit the ground.

It wasn't a very nice day out today, but you were happy that it was snowing. You loved snow but you wished it were better, like the kind you could make snowmen with or have snow ball fights.

You looked up towards the boy, sensing him staring at you. Once he realized he was caught he quickly turned to look away.

You couldn't quite get a good look at his face, so you weren't sure what he looked like. You couldn't even tell what age group he would be in, but you assumed yours.

"Katsuki! You know you're not allowed out here without staff and I'm to busy to watch you right now!" You heard the receptionist call over, sternly looking at him.

You heard a tch come from him before he stood up and started to walk towards the hallway, presumably going back with the others.

Soon enough he disappeared behind the hallway door, not looking back at you again, even once.

"Kat! I can take you out to see the snow before I leave tonight!" The receptionist yelled again.

Katsuki's head appeared from the hallway-  just barely. You were only able to see about half his face which was covered by his hair anyway.

He gave a small wave indicating he had heard her, before he disappeared once again.

"Alright hun, everything's all set. Come give me a hug before I go." Your mother said motioning over to you. You ran up to her and quickly give her a hug before pulling away.

You didn't necessarily dislike physical affection, but you definitely didn't like it either. It was a little different with your mom, so you were more comfortable with hugs from her, but she was one of the only people you fully trusted - along with your twin brother, Hanta, and you guy's best friend.

"Bye mama, I love you." You whispered quietly while looking down at your feet.

"I love you too, hunny. I'm gonna get going now, alright? I'll visit this weekend. Maybe Saturday, okay?" All you did was nod to her question and wave before looking over the the receptionist.

"I'll call one of the staff down to get you." She told you before turning around to use the phone.

You whispered out a small kay then went and sit back down to watch the snow.

———————————————————————————————————————
Prologue pt1!
I had to rewrite this because I lost all my work that took two hours, but I like this a little more than the original. It's not much different, just a little longer.

- K xx
8.26.20

Edited date: 8.25.21 (will probably be edited again once I finish the whole book)