My Job(s)

I was sort of flustered when the receptionist started crying. I kneeled down close to the crying damsel.

"It's fine. It was my fault. I didn't tell you in advance. I'm sorry. You don't need to cry," I said trying to comfort her the best as I could. You see these are the things I am not well in doing. Especially when there is a mother broken down in front of me.  After a few awkward minutes, she got up and wiped up the tears with her sleeves. She takes a few deep breathes.

"Thank you. It's been tough as your uncle's assistant," she spoke softly, slightly sniffling. She opened the door and there was the man of honor, my "uncle".

"Welcome to South Korea Jackie! How's it going?" He exclaimed with such excitement and gave me a quick hug.

"Hi! It's been a while.Everything is going fine. Im just you know...getting adjusted." He showed me to a seat.

"You are here for the job offer, correct?" I nodded. "As you can see, I have three possible jobs for you here currently. They are all part time occupations, so you might want to find more work somewhere."

He laid out 3 contracts on the desk. I looked for the general idea of each one.

Contract 1: Dance Instructor

You will help the groups in this company perfect their moves for their future music videos. (Varies)

Contract 2: Trainee Teacher

You will help trainees prepare for their debuts.

Contract 3: Photographer

You will be given a camera. You will take photos of each band group and behind the scenes photos. They will be posted on the SM website.

All these jobs look so interesting. Each have their own twist. want to do all of them!

"Can I do all of them?" I asked. He looked at me shocked.

"You might want to take it one at a time. I don't want you to overwork yourself. How about this? You can do all of these, but one at a time. Deal?" My "uncle" suggested.

"Okay! Where do I sign?" I agreed. He gave me a pen and I swiftly signed each contract. He smiled and stamped approved on all the contracts.

"You will start the first contract in three days. And what's with the hat?" He asked curiously.

"I'm keeping my gender hidden for now. I don't want them freaking out just because I am a woman," I replied. He laughed for a good one minute before he began coughing and wheezing.

"And here's a new phone. An IPhone instead of the weird flip phone." He said while handing me the black phone with a red dragon art on the back. "Your old number  is on there. You just need to reload your contacts."

"Thank you so much!" I squealed and gsve him a tight hug.

"I have to go now. Thank you for everything so far." I got up from my seat and headed towards the door. I opened it, but stopped midway. 

"And Uncle,  please give the receptionist some leeway. I don't want to see her crying again," I requested before closing the door.

I walked back towards the receptionist and asked where the dance rooms were. I strolled through the endless maze throughout the building. After a few minutes, I bumped into someone.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. It's my fault. I wasn't paying attention," I said sincerely to who ever I bumped into. She had a short hair cut and a snapback on. She wore a T- shirt with a cute llama on it. 

"It's fine! Um.. are you supposed to be here? I've never seen you around," She asked suspiciously.

"Yea... I'm trying to look for the dance rooms. The one with Super Junior. I'm their dorm friend Ja- Chris," I replied.  I almost gave my real name away.

"You are totally on the wrong level Chris. It's 3 floors up. Let me take you. Also, I'm Amber from f(x)," Amber said and she grabbed my hand, dragging towards the elevators. Inside, there were SM tracks playing.

"I didn't know they allowed girls in their dorms. I thought they had a strict policy," Amber said while scratching her head.

How bad am I at crossdressing? Even she knows. Should I tell her anyway? I need a female friend like her soon! I gave in to my mind's demand.

"They don't know I'm a girl. I kinda want to keep my gender unknown for now. Boys. They freak out or get creepy when girls are involved. Please don't tell them I told you this. You are a girl and I needed a female to talk to, even though I just met you," I begged. She stared at me with such confusion. Should've kept that in, shouldn't I...

"Eh. It's okay. I made a new friend today. No big deal. I'll keep your little secret. Is your name still Chris though?" She asked softly.

"No, it's Jackie. Chris is my middle name. But both work, I don't mind it." I said slightly embarrassed of what I blurted out to her earlier. Soon the elevator doors opened. She grabbed my hand and sprinted in the halls. After passing about 5 doors, she stopped. I was huffing and puffing. Note #1: Get more exercise. 

"We are here!" Amber shouted. "Also, don't worry about them handling a girl Jackie. I assure you that they are very nice people."