(S5)David Jones x Reader

Requested by Winnie_Fiction_05
-----------------------------

After a whole day of working on a case, you and your beloved partner, Jones, were pretty exhausted. Nothing unusual, though. You've done everything you needed to do. So why does something fill incomplete?

There's nothing to do, and you and Jones were in the police car, being quiet. Your e/c (eye color) orbs were curious to what he was doing, and seems like he's deep in his own thoughts.

Poor Jones. He's probably still thinking of Zoe. Part of me is happy he's single again, but not under this circumstance. He was happy with Zoe. I don't think he would be happy with me. Your thoughts flooded your mind.

Jones let out a sigh, that pulled your attention towards his way. "Jones?" You called. The spiky brown haired man faced you in response. "Are you okay?" Jones gave a warm smile. "Yes, I'm fine, Y/n."

I don't know what to say or do... I like Y/n, I really do. But then...what about Zoe? Even if she's no longer with me? Maybe I should just wait.

No... No! This is a perfect time! I just need to take it slow...

You were back in your own thoughts, but not for long. Jones's handwas rested on top of yours, quickly resulting a blush on your face.

"Uh, Jones?" You looked at him. "Y/n, I know this may not be the correct time, but..." Your eyes sparkled at the exact words. You were excited, yet nervous.

"Zoe may not be with me anymore, but you are... So, uhh, will you be my-" You didn't even have to hear the rest. "Yes, Jones!" Your eyes were sparkling a bit too much, tears of joy started falling.

"So you've been feeling the same way?" Jones smiled with relief. "For ages!" Both of you started chuckling, before looking at each other romantically.

Leaning in close, the magic happened. Your wish actually came true. You kissed Jones, your now former crush.

The next day...

"Si Jolie! You and Y/n are now dating?" Martine congratulated Jones in such a joyful manner. "Wow, Jones! That was pretty fast, in a good way!" Rita also congratulated. "You two will make a great couple!" Amir reassured, him and Jasper smiling at him.

"Thank you all for the support, but, I want to take her on the most wonderful date... But where?" Jones wondered, rubbing his faded beard. "Well, Monsieur, let us help!" Martine gave a confident wink.

To ThE lAb CaVe!

Everyone was sitting around the table like any other meeting. "So what ideas you guys have in mind?" Jone asked.

"Our first date was at a movie theater!" Jasper exclaimed, wrapping an arm around Amir. "When I dated Marcus, he suggested somewhere to eat, but instead we went to a free for all boxing match. I was winning!" Rita shared.

Everyone looked at Rita in...confusion/concern. "What?" She asked, as if there wasn't a problem. "Or, instead of going somewhere and risk your life, you can simply just invite her over to your house for a romantic dinner!" Martine suggested. "Y/n seems like the original type of gal."

Everyone else agreed with Martine, leaving Jones to choose that decision. "Alright, I'll do it!" Jones nodded, before taking off. "And tell Chief everything so she don't get mad!"

"Good luck, Jones!" Everyone cheered him on.

...

"I just realized..." Rita grabbed everyone's attention. "I defended Marcus throughout the whole entire match!" Everyone just sighed.
-----------------------------
Welp, hope this was good. It was actually fun to write😅

I hope everything was correct, and I also hope the rest of y'all enjoyed!

I have a guinea pig under the bed, and imma try to get her👋