Confused

Confused

"What the glob are you doing!?" Cake yelps hauling BMO from my grip and he clings to her shoulder like a baby while I stayed sitting on the floor.

"Friendly… wrestling?" was the only pathetic excuse I could make up. I mentally face palm myself.

She raises an eyebrow, crossing arms, clearly unsatisfied by my excuse.

"So… how's Lord Monochromicorn?" I smile trying to change the topic, but she just ignores my question giving me a quizzical look. I just had to sigh knowing I couldn't get away from the interrogation that easily.

~~~~~

"Uh, so, you expect me to believe, you were just friendly-wrestling him?" Cake states in doubt wearing quizzical brows.

"Y, ye..es?" I hesitantly reply rubbing the nape of my neck in frustration, avoiding her gaze. That actually kinda sounded more like a question than a statement tho. Ugh! Why can't I be any better at lying?

Cake, who is at the right side of the table beside me, shoots me the same quizzical look as she must've sensed I was lying to her.

I can't seem to lie right, simply because I've never even lied to Cake before, but, I just feel so mortified if she could know what happened earlier in this very house.

(recap) I was ranting to myself that I couldn't get rid of Marshall's simple phrase "This is the thing that I really like about you Fi." off my mind and BMO heard it, he heard it all. Glob it! Apparently,  I forgot BMO was with me in the same room...

And why would I feel mortified if Cake finds out? I mean, she is my bestfriend and my sister…

but she is also the one who kept on teasing me about Marshall!!! I just wanna pull all my hair out everytime I recall it. I just find this as another reason for her to tease me, and I hate it! It's annoying and I just don't want her teasing me.

So, the only option I could find is lying.

"Fionna!" Cake exclaims, interrupting my thoughts that drifted me away.

"Uh, what?" I answer shaking my head frantically.

"I was talking to you, -sigh- never mind." She gives up "Now, BMO. Fionna claims she was just-friendly-wrestling you. Is that true?" She turns at BMO, who is sitting in front of me, with the table in between us.

I gulp hard fearing he might admit it so as he glanced at me I shot him a threatening glare, but, he just smirks in a challenging way. What's he trying to prove?!

"Fionna!" Cake flicks my head interrupting my thoughts, "will you stop threatening BMO?!"

"I-I'm not! I'm not!" I deny, shaking my head and she just raises a brow at me, "I saw you, glaring."

I sigh, rolling my eyes, slouching, "Fine... Carry on BMO..." I snapped, rolling my eyes, getting sick of the situation.

BMO deeply inhales, in preparation to speak when I did something weird not knowing what got into me; I jumped on the table and crawled my way to BMO yelling, "NOOOO! BMO, pleaaaase! DON'T SAY ANYTHING!" I begged. Glob, I just sounded so desperate!

His eyes widened as I crawled even closer very quickly, about to reach for his screen. I had him at the tip of my fingertips, but then I felt something pull me from my waist, hoist me up and bring me back up on my chair. It was then, that I realized Cake did it.

"What the glob Fi! Calm down! Don't go attacking people!" I ignored her, scolding me.

"BMO! PLEASE! DON'T SAY ANYTHING PLEASE!!!" I plead, holding my hands together, making my most adorable puppy eyes.