Bad Boy's Got Me

Bad Boy’s Got Me

I finally glanced back and saw my sword lying on the corner of the room. With one more backward step I finally grabbed it in a subtle way and directed it upon his chest, making him flinch and stop.

Another faint smile grows on his face, just annoys me every time! “I don’t owe you anything Marshall.” I tried to speak firmly, avoiding to show my fear, I start to move slowly away from him.

“Yes, you do.” He coolly replies smirking, “Remember? Yesterday, I helped ease the pain, Gumwad has made you feel.”

My eyes widen with what he said, “You’re kidding... You helped me just ‘cause expected something in return!? Maybe you shouldn’t have helped me in the first place,” I scold still directing the sword at his chest, “I thought you were my friend!? Are you not!?”

I stare at him in disbelief, “Sometimes I’m even wondering why I even chose to treat you as my friend when you’re really such an obnoxious jerk to me, I mean what kind of friend would make fun of his friend so casually!?”

I can’t help but think he didn’t really see me as a true friend, like how I see him, apart from the fact that he always comes trespassing into the tree house without any permission and obnoxiously make fun of me most of the time like a jerk, I still befriended him. I wanna face palm myself so bad for being an idiot.

Upset, I slouch on the floor and pout; my eyebrows knitting together, crossing my arms.

“F-Fi?” He starts to stutter sounding concerned and I rolled my eyes in response, “Tch… That’s so cliché Marshall, you don’t need to pretend you’re concerned.”

He starts to move to see my face but I stood to block him off with my sword I immediately picked up, “DON’T MOVE!” I angrily reply with the tone he’s never ever heard from me before.

“C-calm down,” He swallows rough.

“What if I don’t want to,” I try to be hard rolling my eyes avoiding his gaze.

And when he doesn’t reply for another minute, I realized that I was pointing my sword at the wind like an idiot; Marshall’s suddenly vanished from my sight. “UGH!” I growl, annoyed.

I twist my bod on place, wandering my eyes to find where that douche went, still raising the sword just in case, “Invisibility again!? Come out!”

And with one backward step, I trip and stumble upon another bod, my butt run down hard with it as I mini-bounced twice. I whine in pain and stand up to see… nothing?

Confused, I brush myself off and try to stand up, but I instantly trip again back to the floor by something invisibly solid and with a big thud, my bod collides with the ground.

“ACH,” I whine for the second time.

I then feel an invisible force help me sit up “Fi! Oh Glob. I’m so sorry.” and embrace me tight but I stay still as my bod stiffens. How do you even hug an invisible person back!?

“Marshall?” I address recognizing his voice.

Before I could wiggle off and protest, he starts “Fi, please don’t be mad at me, I’m so sorry I’m a jerk to you! I know I always was, but it’s just that… - pause - that…” He explains himself stuttering, doesn’t seem to know what to say.

I got speechless. My hands automatically rise by themselves and wander around the invisible wind to feel something, or rather someone’s back and I gently hug it.

The invisible wind I am hugging starts to form into Marshall Lee kneeling down to have me locked in his arms and my chin leaned against his shoulder. I swallow roughly not knowing what’s gotten into me, hugging him back just like that. I have a towering pride too you know.