Chapter 8

Next day, morning

Anjali and Nani came down ready to start the new day. Anjali had a spring in her steps. She was bouncing in excitement and nervousness of starting a new phase of her life. She has got a few interviews to attend today and is on its excitement.

Reaching the living room, both of them were about to enter the pooja room to start with the preparations of morning pooja, when they saw Arnav sleeping on living room floor. Both frowned and went towards him.

They patted him, trying to wake him up. Arnav groggily opened his eyes looking disoriented. He sat up in confusion, only to yelp in pain. His whole body was painting due to sleeping in hard floor whole night.

"Chote, what happened? Why are you sleeping on the floor here?" Nani asked confused.

Anjali looked at him suspiciously. "Don't tell me, Khushiji threw you out of bedroom." Anjali asked with a smirk.

Arnav looked at her confused. "Why will Khushi throw me out of bedroom?" He asked not getting why she got that thought.

"May be because nowadays you are so happily playing Daddy Daddy for your ex-girlfriend's son. Trust me, if I would have been in Khushiji's place, I wouldn't have thrown you out of room but directly out of this house itself." Anjali said shrugging carelessly.

Arnav looked at her wide eyed. Did Khushi really threw him out of the room because of that. That means she is mad at him. Since last night she was talking about baby, he thought she had mellowed down. Oh no. So she is seriously mad and going to take his glass. He gulped.

Nani looked at Anjali wide eyed hearing her theory and then looked at Arnav narrowing her eyes. "Is it true, Chote?" Nani asked sternly.

"Nani, I... I don't know." Arnav said honestly. "When I went to my room last night to sleep, it was locked from inside. I knocked on the door, and even called Khushi on her phone, she didn't responded. I thought she slept off." Arnav said confused.

Nani sighed in irritation. Anjali shook her head at her hopeless brother. He got a gem of a girl as his wife and instead of cherishing that gift, he is being plain dumbass. What's she supposed to do with him.

"Nani, I think Khushi is upset. Why won't she be? Which girl will like seeing her husband playing father for his ex-girlfriend's son. Even we behaved insensitive by always comparing Arav with Chote." Anjali said thoughtfully.

"You are saying right, bitiya. I think we should apologise to Khushi Bitiya. Poor soul. She might have been really hurt." Nani said feeling guilty.

"I doubt whether apologising would be enough, Nani. Yesterday, after that conversation when I thought about it, I realised how wrong we were. We had hurt her so much by acting insensitive towards her feelings. Didn't even stopped Sheetal and Arav when they were insulting her. On top of that we even didn't stopped when Chote went to Arav's school function. It was all so wrong. I am feeling really ashamed." Anjali said sadly and feeling ashamed.

"True. We did very wrong with her. And we really have to apologise to her and make sure it never happens again." Nani said firmly.

Arnav was silently hearing what they were talking. He couldn't even say anything. Because he has messed up big time. And he didn't know what to do to correct his mistakes.

Nani turned to Arnav and said firmly, "Chote,   try to talk to Khushi, apologise to her and clear whatever problems and misunderstandings are there in between you two. And I want you to stay away from Sheetal and Arav." Nani said firmly.

"Why, Nani? Don't you trust me?" Arnav asked hurt.

Nani glared at him. "Do you want Khushi to leave you?" She asked angrily.